Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help, my 4 year old dd cant eat!!!

amother

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 5:53 pm
Yesterday my 4 yr old dd ate breakfast and all of the sudden started coughing and crying that she's choking, her throat hurts etc. It was very very scary. After that, the whole day anytime she would try and eat something like chips or even something soft like a banana she would have the same reaction, trying to cough something up, screaming it hurts, she's choking etc. So she hasnt really eaten today or yesterday. Drinking however, is fine.
The pediatrician said either she iritated her throat and its sore, or shes just tramatized when it hurt her that first time. There's nothing she can see in her throat.
I am still so stressed out. This is a kid who loooooves to eat. She would eat all day if she could. I am so worried. When will she eat again? Has anyone gone through this? Im so stressed out!

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 6:07 pm
give her a few days for her throat to calm down ... in the meantime make healthy shakes for her with yogurt and bananas so she doesn't feel hungry too ...

amother

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 6:12 pm
she refuses to eat any kind of food. I bought her a milkshake and she drank that today

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 6:15 pm
that's what I was saying - make her shakes with yogurt and bananas ...

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 6:16 pm
soup - she can drink it with a straw if it makes her feel better.

Barbara

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 6:21 pm
Right. Healthy yogurt & fruit shakes, soups, etc.

If she doesn't start eating in a few days, make her favorite dinner with her favorite dessert, but set her place with soup or shake instead. Chances are she'll ask for dinner.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 6:42 pm
but im still so worried. I dont know why she really wont eat and how long it will last for. I never heard of such a thing. ever!

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 8:49 pm
amother wrote:
she refuses to eat any kind of food. I bought her a milkshake and she drank that today

my dh caught herpes from the children years ago, however he got it only in the esophagus. The only way to know is with an endoscopy. OR, you can ask the doctor for a prescription for zovirax. It will et rid of it in 1-3 days. If it disappears, you know what she had. During that 2 week period until we took the endoscopy, all dh ate was 2 ounces of milk per day, and with a ton of yessurim. I’m sorry you’re going through this, I hope I’ve been of help.

Health is a Virture

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 6:45 am
I once swallowed a piece of glass and I guess I scratched my throat so that for a few days whenever I ate like bread or heavy foods, it hurt....so maybe something scratched it.

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 6:58 am
No offense, but if your daughter simply started choking and now is traumatized, when she's hungry, she'll eat. Let her eat liquids and things like apple sauce for the next few days and then gradually stop offering her the shakes and offer her soft foods.

When she's hungry, she'll eat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics