Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Bakers UNSWEETENED baking chocolate - pareve in US?

Boys"R"Us

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 3:55 pm
I have a great brownie recipe that calls for Bakers unsweetened baking chocolate squares (in a blue box in Canada). It used to be pareve. Then a couple of years ago, it started appearing on the shelves with a "D"! I bought up as many of the pareve ones as I could, but now a few years later, I am down to my last couple of boxes. It's my favourite brownie recipe cause it's so easy and very yummy. I always make them for my friends when they are having a simcha.

Anyway, I know this is not very Pesach spirited, but I am easily distracted, lol!
Do any of you in the US, know if this chocolate is still pareve there? If I know it is, I can ask someone to bring some back for me sometime.

Thanks for your help,
happy cleaning! Twisted Evil

Debbie

cindy324

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 4:03 pm
sorry, I have no idea, but I'd like to know how did you keep those baking bars fresh for years? Don't they turn white? Or if they do, it doesn't matter? I'm asking because I recently threw away a huge bar that was sitting in my cabinet since who knows how long, and it was all white so I figured it's no good, but maybe I was wrong?

cindy324

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 4:04 pm
Also, if you have no luck with Bakers chocolate, here in New York they sell the Alprose brand , they have really good dairy and non dairy chocolates, now I see they also sell baing bars and they are quite pricier than the jewish brands, but very good quality also.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 4:14 pm
I don't think its pareve here anymore but there is tons of other stuff to use. I use leiber's.

didan

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 4:55 pm
B"H

I use the regular Hershey's brand baking chocolate - unsweetened and pareve.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen