Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Allergist?

yentadevosha

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 2:24 pm
DD (12) has a constant stuffy nose. She used to have it only in the winte, but it's getting worse and worse now all year long. I've tried vitamins which helps somewhat if she takes it constantly. If she skips one day, wer'e back to square one. Dr. told me to try an allergist, good friend said an ent. Anyone have advice with this?

overthehill

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 2:29 pm
My DD has been suffering tremendously since last September, after she came back from camp. To make a VERY long story short, after going to 1 allergist and 2 ENT and all of them refusing to coordinate DD's care with Pediatrician, I schlepped somewhere that had both an allergist and an ENT in the SAME office who worked side by side- BH. Where do you live?

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 2:49 pm
one more thing to try, pantothenic acid.

yentadevosha

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 12:00 am
hellothere wrote:
My DD has been suffering tremendously since last September, after she came back from camp. To make a VERY long story short, after going to 1 allergist and 2 ENT and all of them refusing to coordinate DD's care with Pediatrician, I schlepped somewhere that had both an allergist and an ENT in the SAME office who worked side by side- BH. Where do you live?

brooklyn. were you successful?

gold21

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 9:15 am
Dr Dolitsky in long island is supposed to be a phenomenal ENT, and he does work with an allergist. But I don't think the allergist is that great....
I dunno, I'm in the same boat. My son has chronic congestion. He is being helped tremendously be prevacid 15 mg twice a day. Now he's only a drop congested. But the allergists say No allergies and the ENTs say No structural abnormalities, and I'm like...whatevah. Really tough to navigate.

yentadevosha

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 9:27 am
How was your ds tested? blood test or pricks? The pricking isn't accurate at all.

Marion

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 11:29 am
The pricking is more accurate than the RAST (blood test).

gold21

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 11:41 am
my son was pricked.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics