Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Should I go to work or not?
1  2  Next

rainbow baby

Post Fri, Mar 31 2006, 5:10 am
I need your advixce ladies. Here's the story. I have three kids nearly 5, nearly 4 and 2 today. I'am totally bored, fed up and crying a lot of the time. I've just been intouce with my sons school to see if they have anything going. The headteacher said that actually she does she has some voluntary work and also one of the teachers is finding it hard to cope with her class, they are 5 to 6 year old girls. So the tacher will do the planning and she will take the kids out on individual bases but otherwise I will teach the girls there are I think only 8 in it. It starts after Peseach and she only wants me to commit until the end of the summer term. I think after Peseach I'll be putting my 2 year old into Playgroup in the morning so I'll have to find care for him in the afternoons as this is when the job is. That is my only real problem as I will not be seeing the baby, but he does sleep in the afternoon from 1 untill 2.30. The work is from 1.15 till 4. What should I do advice needed?

technic

Post Fri, Mar 31 2006, 6:04 am
TAKE THE JOB!!!! - itll keep u sane, u need 2 know there is a world out there, I guarantee u that ull b better 4 it iyh!!! Very Happy

happyone

Post Fri, Mar 31 2006, 8:19 am
Go for it!!!!
You need an outlet. It'll do you good.
Let us know how it goes if you do decide to accept the job.

red sea

Post Fri, Mar 31 2006, 9:15 am
I think its an excellent opportunity because its only commiting for a few months, you will see if you like working while your kids are young without being overwhelmed in case you decide you don't, go for it!

shoy18

Post Fri, Mar 31 2006, 9:25 am
I would totally do it, its not a big commintment its only for a few monthes, and if you see that it isnt working out, at least you know you tried

doublelucky

Post Fri, Mar 31 2006, 9:31 am
YES! Take it you'll be sooo much happier! Very Happy

ny21

Post Fri, Mar 31 2006, 9:37 am
you should take the job

and get out of the house

it is so nice -----working with children

do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111 LOL LOL

happymom

Post Fri, Mar 31 2006, 9:40 am
it sounds like working in the morning while your baby is in playgroup is a good idea for u cuz ull feel better and your baby is 2 so hes not too young... but I can totally understand why youre concerned about working till four and putting your baby in another day care and not seeing him for such a long time! Is there any other place u can work in the morning so that u can be with your baby after work? Im not sure if ure baby would be happy till 4... thats a LONG day... unless u spend time with him in the morning and then send him to playgroup when ure teaching job starts till 4?

rainbow baby

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 1:08 am
Well I took happymom's advice and turned down the job. Not seeing the baby all day was the main reason for it. Now I am regetting it, the jobs gone and so has the voluntary work. It seems really hard to get a job in the mornings in this town. Fed up is definately the word I can use to describe myself and feeling really low. I am trying to get some volunatary work with our local Fed and there are about twenty forms to fill out, plus you have to get loads of documents copied and then there are loads of training days you have to go on. All I want to do is take an old lady out shopping. It's pc gone mad!!!

morningstar

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 2:25 am
Is there a class or course you can sign up for? A volunteer organization?
A hobby that you have always wanted to take up?

It is a shame that there is no job for you right now, but don't settle for being miserable.

Good luck.

Motek

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 4:02 pm
jewishmamathebest wrote:
Not seeing the baby all day was the main reason for it.

so you're a devoted mother, good! Smile

and if you had taken the job, you might be writing a post telling us how low you feel when you don't see the baby!

rainbow baby

Post Wed, Apr 26 2006, 6:55 am
A new development, last night I was offered a Sunday morning job at a Chedar teaching 5 to 6 year olds. This will be brill, dh can look after kids so no childminder fees, cash in hand and if added up I will be getting the same money as if I would be working 4 afternoons a week. The childminder would have been at least half the money I would have been getting. I get to continue to have my time with the baby so I'am feeling happy again!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

cl

Post Wed, Apr 26 2006, 12:04 pm
congrats!
thats amzaing!
im very happy 4 u, good luck,
cl:)

happy2beme

Post Wed, Apr 26 2006, 12:30 pm
nice to know it had a good turnout Smile
good luck!

BlumaG

Post Wed, Apr 26 2006, 12:35 pm
good for u
nowi have a similar question
we need a 2nd income I just had an interview today I requested $12 an hr, that v possible, problem is after taxes that a little more than $9 hr
babysitter fees, dont ask I was going crazy yesterday looking for ones iwth opening, is $8hr, I have 2 kids and she charges $4 per kid, if I ask her to go down to maybe $3 per kid I bring home about $3hr, is it worth it?
after a month I am bringigng home $300, iyh soon we'll ahve our own apt and itll b summer nadi cna hire a girl for $5 but still
wat u u all do?
there r no other babyistters available
is it worth it to leave my kids for 4 hrs a day with a somewat stranger (frum) so I can make a few bucks, it'll pay for food
my reasons to work, to help us afford to live in our own place bc we live with our inalws
reaosns not to work, I dont think its worth my time for hte money I'll get, I dont wana leave my kids, e alright tyhey drivem y nutso at times but I luv them loads and their schedule will b nuts
besides I watch mym other in laws kid a few days a wk so she can work
she doesnt want a babysitter in the house and doesnt want to babysit my kids daily
she does it as a favor e/ so often but its no fun being a bubby to kids she lives with
k that was just venting
some adivce all please thank u

newmom

Post Thu, Apr 27 2006, 9:36 am
BlumaG- Would you consider babysitting for others children? Sounds like you might make more $ this way and you won't have to pay for someone to watch your kids.

BlumaG

Post Thu, Apr 27 2006, 2:16 pm
I'm figuring htat out for next yr
I cnat babysit other kids bc I live in inlaws house
I turned down the job not owrth the stress, I am happy with my decision

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Apr 27 2006, 2:33 pm
Good on you Blum it just sounded like a whole lot of hassle. Don't worry something will come up, as in my case just hang on in there. Good Luck.

ektsm

Post Fri, Apr 28 2006, 7:28 am
Don't stress yourself out over it. Things will definetly work out.

Boys"R"Us

Post Fri, Apr 28 2006, 8:36 am
Mazel Tov jewishmamathebest - that is great news! Very Happy

~Debbie
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics