Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
What TV show do you watch regularly?
1  2  Next

avi0903

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 12:24 pm
Hi all - I used to have shows that I loved to watch. For example, Gilmore Girls, which is sadly gone. I also like Brothers and Sisters (which is not on during the summer). In the past I loved Knots Landing, St. Elsewhere (yes, I'm old).

Which shows do you religiously watch? Are there any you are addicted to? I just started watching Drop Dead Diva, I think it's on Lifetime. It's about a model who dies and comes back as an overweight lawyer. It's a comedy/drama, really good.

Anyway, what do you all watch?

Beauticianista

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 12:41 pm
Desperate Housewives, Ugly Betty, Gossip Girl...but none are playing new episodes in the summer Sad

Mirabelle

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 12:46 pm
Top Chef, Real Houswives, Kathy Griffen, Flipping Out- all on Bravo.

slushiemom

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 12:47 pm
before the summer I watched gossip girl, how I met your mother and the office... in the summer I needed a new show so I watched all 5 seasons of desperate housewives and waiting for the next!!

I need a good show to watch now, thanks for the ideas!
I LOVE gilmore girls, when I was on bedrest my dh bought me the whole series and now its my default show that is always in my dvd player in my room before I go to sleep.

zigi

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 12:57 pm
greys private practice. now I'm watching law and order reruns and the great american road trip

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 1:07 pm
I don't have premium cable, so I usually get dvd's of their different series from Netflix.

I just started True Blood - it's fantastic
Dexter
Entourage
Weeds
The Office
30 Rock
Big Love

avi0903

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 1:48 pm
Great ideas! I have tried Desperate Housewives but never got into it. Maybe I should start. I've also heard from so many people that House is great, but I've never tried that either. 30Rock is so funny, it's my favorite comedy, The Office and How I Met Your Mother are also funny.

Still, I'm looking for something that grabs me as "smart" and worth my time. Did any of you ever see St. Elsewhere? I think it may have been the best show ever on TV.

I'm not saying Knots Landing was as smart as St. Elsewhere, but it was very well acted and written. I also liked Once and Again, Sisters, China Beach, LA Law.

Are there any serialized, one hour dramas or dramedies out there, that are really, really good?

elf123

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 1:50 pm
Nowadays, the shows I like are basically all in the "crime drama" category:
Cold Case
Criminal Minds
Law and Order SVU
Medium
Criminal Minds
Also House which is a medical drama.

newToNeighborhood

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 2:25 pm
If you liked Gilmore Girls, you might like Veronica Mars. It only had 3 seasons, but I thought it was very witty too... I took out the DVDs from the library and even watched some episodes on YouTube.

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 2:43 pm
Leverage is a great show. We also watch Dexter, In Plain Sight, Nurse Jackie, Hawthorne, Royal Pains.

Regular network shows are CSI and CSI NY, Law and Oeder, L&O SVU, NCIS... yeah, we like our cop and law shows LOL...

Bunch of other shows I can't remember right now.

cassandra

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 3:12 pm
avi0903 wrote:
Great ideas! I have tried Desperate Housewives but never got into it. Maybe I should start. I've also heard from so many people that House is great, but I've never tried that either. 30Rock is so funny, it's my favorite comedy, The Office and How I Met Your Mother are also funny.

Still, I'm looking for something that grabs me as "smart" and worth my time. Did any of you ever see St. Elsewhere? I think it may have been the best show ever on TV.

I'm not saying Knots Landing was as smart as St. Elsewhere, but it was very well acted and written. I also liked Once and Again, Sisters, China Beach, LA Law.

Are there any serialized, one hour dramas or dramedies out there, that are really, really good?

There are so many great ones. Desperate Housewives is pretty idiotic, but you might love Mad Men (third season starting next week.) Another one that's in that category is Big Love, if you can get past the polygamy thing it's a really great show about relationships.

Shendellah

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 4:10 pm
The office is great!!! I also watch Top Chef, Project Runway, The Cleaner, Six Feet Under, Dexter, Weeds....I mostly watch Bravo and Showtime

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 4:18 pm
I watch a lot of Bravo also. . . I'm looking forward to FINALLY seeing the new season of Project Runway. I keep forgetting what channel it's going to be on now.

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 5:33 pm
a tv - what's a tv ?!?!?! ever since the takeover I haven't watched a show ... I refuse to pay for cable and didn't get a converter box ...

in the meantime the kids have taken about 30 movies from the library at a given time so ...

let me see if I could remember ... I liked ugly betty, how I met your mother, hell's kitchen, life on mars, beverly hills 90210 the next generation,

Mirabelle

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 5:46 pm
Project Runway is going to be on lifetime. It's starting soon.

I also am a big fan of Big Love!

oster

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 7:21 pm
These are the ones I love:
Desperate Housewives
The OC
Gillmore Girls
Gossip girl
Ugly Betty
Beverly hills 90210

Cant remmeber what else....

avi0903

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 9:55 pm
Thank you all! I always feel like I have to keep my TV watching a secret - most of the people where I live don't watch TV, or at least they pretend they don't.

Since I was a kid, I have always loved TV - The Brady Bunch, The Waltons, Little House on the Prairie, The Odd Couple, MASH, Mary Tyler Moore, The Mother In Laws, Welcome Back Kotter - The 60's and 70's had great TV. I guess I was a child of TV, and I've been missing it.

I don't have premium channels. If I did, I would watch the vampire show (True Love?), Entourage, Weeds, the polygamy show. There's also a show with Gabrielle Byrne, about a therapist. I'd watch that.

Anyway, all the suggestions seem good, just I don't watch crime shows (they scare me!). My son though, must know all the Law and Orders by heart.

Also, I seem to watch all the Disney and Nick shows: Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place, The Jonas Brothers.

I'm going to try Mad Men, and I'm also waiting for Project Runway. And I watch Food Network a lot, and American Idol.

It doesn't seem very frum, but I love TV. I know it's a waste of time, but after the kids are in bed, it's a great way to unwind.

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 11:13 pm
I don't actually have a TV or cable and I live in Israel so I don't even have the same stations as the US.

I download off the internet and watch what I want, when I want, commercial-free.

PAMOM

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 11:40 pm
Avi0903, I think we've led the same life. I LOVED St Elsewhere (and sometimes watch NCIS just to see Mark Harmon). Here's what I watch, although they aren't as good as the ones you mention:

Law and Order: Criminal Intent
The Closer
Burn Notice
Monk
Psych
Dr. Who and Torchwood (when they are on or on DVD)
Dexter (when is the new season??)

I don't like any of the new hospital shows. I love Hugh Laurie but HATE House because of the unrealistic medical stuff. My daughter and I and I used to watch Gilmore Girls together--miss the experience and miss the show.

I'm open to suggestions.

ilovestrollers

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 11:45 pm
Desperate housewives
House
Grey's Anatomy
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics