Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
WTD with roasted peppers?

pinktichel

Post Wed, Aug 12 2009, 5:01 am
Firstly, are roasted peppers still ok on Wednesday if made on Friday? I would have thrown them out but someone said they are ok. Can I make something for Shabbos with them, like a salad or dip? I majorly over made and they aren't cheap. I don't want to throw them out if they are totally edible.

Tamiri

Post Wed, Aug 12 2009, 5:03 am
Hmmm... did you taste them and feel the texture? If they are slimy, it means they are gone. I think that unless they were preserved in a marinade (vinegar, lemon juice) they won't be good for this Shabbat. I would eat them today, latest.
What you can do with them if they are still good: make shakshuka to be finished today.

pinktichel

Post Wed, Aug 12 2009, 5:12 am
You're probably right. Oh well. Such a waste.

greenfire

Post Wed, Aug 12 2009, 11:43 am
yeah almost a week old would not be too good an idea for anything ...

but next time just add them to any dish for flavor or make a pepper dip with olive oil and roasted garlic ...

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 12 2009, 12:40 pm
Next time you can make turkish salad dip.

pinktichel

Post Wed, Aug 12 2009, 1:22 pm
Thanks, I'll remember those tips for next time. We were OOT from Sunday til yesterday, so I didn't have time to do anything with them. Wish I would have frozen them. Dunno how that would have worked, but would have been worth a try.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Aug 12 2009, 8:20 pm
I've heard that they freeze well, although I've never tried it myself. I guess if you were planning on using them for shakshuka or something where the texture changes anyway it wouldn't matter if they look a little a funky when you defrost.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes