Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Easy Yummy Parve Ice Cream Recipe
1  2  3  Next

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 14 2009, 11:55 am
1 (16 oz) container topping OR 2 (8 oz.) containers topping
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar

On medium speed, beat eggs in mixer until they are a nice lemony color.
Add liquid topping, vanilla extract, and sugar. Continue to mix until you get the right ice cream consistancy.
Freeze in container.

NOTE: For a non-vanilla version, you can flavor the ice cream any which way you'd like.

HEALTH TIP: When using raw eggs in a recipe, wash eggs well with warm soapy water, before cracking and using them.

Last edited by ra_mom on Fri, Dec 31 2010, 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Rochelly

Post Fri, Aug 14 2009, 1:51 pm
do you know if this recipie can be made with non-dairy creamer?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 14 2009, 5:00 pm
Rochelly wrote:
do you know if this recipie can be made with non-dairy creamer?

I'm not sure if creamer can be "whipped".
Does anyone else know?

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, Sep 24 2009, 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total

de_goldy

Post Fri, Aug 14 2009, 6:15 pm
yes, non dairy creamer definitely works.

but I would make it slightly different.
I would whip up the creamer in one bowl. add the sugar and vanilla. or for chocolate - add a few tablespoons of cocoa, for coffee flavor add coffee and cocoa.
and I would beat just the egg whites in another bowl - throw out the yolks.
beat until stiff - stiff is when you can move the bowl and the egg whites don't move.

then with a spoon (not mixer) gently fold in the egg whites to the creamer. then freeze.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 14 2009, 6:32 pm
FYI, I bought a tiny container of strawberry flavor at the ice cream store (had to ask for it, they just put some in a 1 oz. container for me) for under a dollar.
I used a teeny tiny drip of it to color and flavor the above recipe.
It came out delicious! Dd is so excited with the pink ice cream!

greeneyes

Post Sat, May 01 2010, 11:59 pm
Thanks for this recipe! Made it for shabbos & it was great. Very Happy

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 12:05 am
greeneyes wrote:
Thanks for this recipe! Made it for shabbos & it was great. Very Happy

Thanks for letting me know greeneyes! Smile

SV

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 10:14 am
ra_mom wrote:
1 (16 oz) container topping
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar

Add liquid topping, vanilla extract, and sugar. Continue to mix until you get the right ice cream consistancy.
Freeze in container.

NOTE: For a non-vanilla version, you can flavor the ice cream any which way you'd like.

HEALTH TIP: When using raw eggs in a recipe, wash eggs well with warm soapy water, before cracking and using them.

Can I dump all the ingredients in a blender and let it mix on it's own? embarrassed Feeling lazy today (no time really to stand with the mixer) but really in the mood for ice cream...

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 11:22 am
I make this recipe regularly and its great. I like the fact that you don't need to separate the eggs (and then to avoid using raw eggs, I used an egg substitute like Egg Beaters) and that it is all one bowl -- no beating whip separately and folding into beaten eggs. It only takes minutes and tastes much better than commercial pareve ice cream (at about a quarter the cost too). At first I was skeptical that it would work right adding the whip to the eggs in the same bowl, but it certainly does. I like to use vanilla sugar instead of vanilla extract.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 12:29 pm
SV wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
1 (16 oz) container topping
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar

Freeze in container.

Can I dump all the ingredients in a blender and let it mix on it's own? embarrassed Feeling lazy today (no time really to stand with the mixer) but really in the mood for ice cream...
I'm not sure, but it takes seconds for the eggs to turn into a nice lemony color. So while they mix, you can open the liquid topping container Wink and then you can leave it to mix alone until it's the right ice cream like consistancy.
(You can read the topping package to get a more exact time of how long to leave it for until it reaches its optimal peak.)
ETA :It usually usually takes a day in the freezer for it to become properly frozen ice cream.

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Dec 29 2010, 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 12:30 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
I make this recipe regularly and its great. I like the fact that you don't need to separate the eggs (and then to avoid using raw eggs, I used an egg substitute like Egg Beaters) and that it is all one bowl -- no beating whip separately and folding into beaten eggs. It only takes minutes and tastes much better than commercial pareve ice cream (at about a quarter the cost too). At first I was skeptical that it would work right adding the whip to the eggs in the same bowl, but it certainly does. I like to use vanilla sugar instead of vanilla extract.
Good to know! Maybe I will try it with Egg Beaters one day. Smile

gardengirl

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 3:59 pm
I would love to make peanut butter ice cream. Any idea how much to put in or when to incorporate it?
Would it even work?

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 4:02 pm
gardengirl wrote:
I would love to make peanut butter ice cream. Any idea how much to put in or when to incorporate it?
Would it even work?

There is a recipe some place here for one that I made and it was delicious. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll post it (no time now).

gardengirl

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 7:38 pm
Thanks OOT Bubby. I found one where you suggested how to add a peanut butter swirl to ice cream. I was thinking of just peanut butter flavor ice cream, but maybe I'll try the swirl since I haven't found the pb ice cream.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 7:53 pm
gardengirl wrote:
Thanks OOT Bubby. I found one where you suggested how to add a peanut butter swirl to ice cream. I was thinking of just peanut butter flavor ice cream, but maybe I'll try the swirl since I haven't found the pb ice cream.

Try it -- its really good. I caught my DS who isn't a dessert person eating it from the container!

flower3

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 8:57 pm
Ra_mom thank you so much for this recipe. it came out great!!!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 9:45 pm
My pleasure fruit salad with cream!

ganizzy

Post Fri, Dec 31 2010, 12:35 am
whats the consistency that it has to be? how stiff?
I beat mine but it was taking forever. I decided to stop when I picked up the beaters and all the cream stayed on, but it wasnt very stiff.

also can u add flavoring after its whipped? like make a regular batch and then take some off to make a diff flavor?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Dec 31 2010, 12:43 am
ganizzy wrote:
whats the consistency that it has to be? how stiff?
I beat mine but it was taking forever. I decided to stop when I picked up the beaters and all the cream stayed on, but it wasnt very stiff.

also can u add flavoring after its whipped? like make a regular batch and then take some off to make a diff flavor?
I think 13-15 minutes is enough time. It then needs time in the freezer.
You can definitely swirl in different flavors once it's done whipping.
If you want a uniform flavor, just let it whip for another minute or so in the mixer.

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, Sep 06 2018, 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total

SV

Post Sat, Jan 01 2011, 10:00 pm
Wanted to let you know that I made it for shabbos and it was really good and a big hit! Thanks!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics