Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Best place to buy 1st time Bra for teen in Brooklyn?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Aug 16 2009, 7:56 am
I would like to ensure that my teen has a most pleasant -if thats possible - experience getting her first Bra. I need a place in Brooklyn. My first experience was horrid. The place that my mom took me- I come in and see that my current teacher for that school year worked there on weekends. I was mortified and wanted to go through the floor. embarrassed embarrassed
Hopefully she will have a better experience than me.
Any ideas, ladies?

de_goldy

Post Sun, Aug 16 2009, 9:42 am
Saposh in boro park.

I think its on 18th and 45th.

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Aug 16 2009, 9:58 am
Get 2-3 styles, take it home for her... Check their exchange policy. Do the shopping for her the first time.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 16 2009, 10:09 am
but how do I know what size she needs?

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Aug 16 2009, 10:11 am
Take 2 sizes... Or, you can measure her before you go.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 16 2009, 10:13 am
I guess I 'm asking for the proper way to measure a teen who doesnt have quite much to show for herself!

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Aug 16 2009, 10:14 am
http://www.wikihow.com/Measure-Your-Bra-Size

amother

Post Sun, Aug 16 2009, 10:21 am
Thanks for your help!

goodluck

Post Sun, Aug 16 2009, 11:30 am
your top priority. 48 and off 13th. Mrs. Lowenshon is the one that fits. She is very sensitive to the teens.

immaville

Post Sun, Aug 16 2009, 11:49 am
After I took my teenager to one store last yr, and they didnt have anything good for her, I ended up buying sports bras (she is a very tiny size and could really get by without a bra). She loves the sports bras! I plan to do the same for my next daughter. This works because she really doesnt need support(even the woman in the lingerie store said as much). If your daughter is like this, maybe the sports bra would work for her too. Good Luck.

rivk241

Post Sun, Aug 16 2009, 2:05 pm
Saposh- on 18th ave- the best

amother

Post Sun, Aug 16 2009, 2:16 pm
If she's ready for a "real" bra I second Saposh but for sports bras & the like I would suggest Le Bon (upstairs) I tool my sister there for her first bra & she felt so comfortable that the next time she went up there HERSELF! They sell nightgowns & robes & shells so she didn't feel like everyone knew what she was there for & besides the price of their sports bra can't be beat!

Saposh can be really embarrasing they are always busy Bh & most of time you have to wait on a loooooooong line that gives you a great chance of meeting you teacher, neighbors, MIL & anyone else you wouldn't wanna meet in a mikvah LOL

pgk

Post Sun, Aug 16 2009, 10:13 pm
here's another vote for Your Top Priority.

yersp

Post Sun, Aug 16 2009, 10:26 pm
My sister was having the same issue with my neice. She refused to go anywhere because someone might see her and she would be very embarrassed. Besides for the fact that she refused to let herself be measured too, not by my sister or anyone. She's still not over the fact that her body is changing and she needs the support desperately. Eventually by some miracle I convinced her to go to underworld plaza. They do fittings pretty well too and I convinced her to wear a thin t-shirt so that she can be measured over the t-shirt. Wonder of wonders, she let herself be convinced and got a few new bras.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 17 2009, 12:24 am
pgk wrote:

3rd vote

amother

Post Mon, Aug 17 2009, 11:10 am
pgk wrote:

3rd vote

4th vote

Rochelly

Post Mon, Aug 17 2009, 11:55 am
Deffinately saposh!

amother

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 2:08 pm
Bumping this up as this thread is 2 1/2 years old.
Would like to know the best place to buy in Flatbush.

Also, how many should I buy?

DD is OT chalenged, and I have no clue how she will get them closed, and I certainly dont want to help her...as certain as I am that she doesnt want me too...

Help me find a nice place that she wont be embarassed in...(though shell probably be embarassed anywhere..)

middy

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 2:16 pm
my daughter is too and she wears only the sports bras from old navy, they work really well for her

amother

Post Mon, Dec 12 2011, 2:29 pm
middy wrote:
my daughter is too and she wears only the sports bras from old navy, they work really well for her

For how long will those sports bras look normal without them sagging?

DD has been wearing ones from Target but shes starting to sag....
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children