Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Tznius Clothing For my Three Year Old
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 8:50 pm
DOes anyone know where I can get a nice tznius outfit for my 3.5 year old? SHe wears a 4-5T. I went to Wonderland in Boro Park today and found nothing. They had gorgeous stuff but in the hundred doller range. It was just way too much for me to spend. The Children's Place has dresses with those trashy looking shrugs. I want something stylish yet eidle!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 8:54 pm
I think shrugs (can) look nice! Maybe the word you're looking for is trendy, not trashy.

shoy18

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 8:59 pm
Baby Gap has some adorable things, pretty sweater set and skirt, and some dresses, also you can try janie and jack they have some pretty outfits (janieandjack.com)

cindy324

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 9:00 pm
Quote:
trashy looking shrugs.

shock

I guess my kids will be looking trashy this Yom Tov Rolling Eyes
Sweetie what you' re looking for IS in Wonderland in the $100 range.
I know, keeping up with the neighbors is soooo expensive....

I have no suggestion for you esxcept to choose your words more wisely next time.

soraya

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 9:12 pm
lands end

childrens wear digest (google it)

3Qts

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 9:14 pm
OK Now I am curious..What are shrugs?

realeez

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 9:21 pm
I don't know which Children's Place you go to but the one I went to had these cute sweater sets with pleated skirts like this

click on the link
http://www.childrensplace.com/.....nce=0

Is this trashy????

(just putting things in bold so you see the link with a cute sweater set - I bought it & the skirt for my 7 month old and the skirt covers her knees Smile altho that may not be the same for a 3 year old!)

Last edited by realeez on Mon, Apr 03 2006, 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 10:27 pm
Yes lady I do think shrugs look trashy. But this is not a debate I just want to get my daughter something that looks eidle and isn't to expensive.

realeez

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 10:33 pm
well are the sweater sets trashy too?

btw, why are you anonymous????????

goldrose

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 10:46 pm
and what are shrugs? I too like what they ahve in tcp, except the dresses and skirts are a little short (depends which, but the ones I like).

amother

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 11:15 pm
Shrugs are those sweaters that tie at the breast area! I just don't like how they look they just accentuate the breasts way too much and I certainly dont' want my three year old wearing that. ANyhow if anybody has an idea for some nice eidle clothing that is inexpensive I would greatly appreciate it!

Crayon210

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 11:15 pm
According to the Googled stuff I found, shrugs are those little cardigans that are worn with something underneath that go halfway between the shoulder and the waist.

Google it for pictures.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 11:19 pm
Sorry but my mashpia said they are not tznius and promote untznius ideals but that's not the point of this thread I want to find tznius clothes for my three year old that are not expensive

Tefila

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 11:32 pm
Ok a word of caution with this age and skirts from my experiance as a teacher skirts most times are impractical Exclamation

I'll tell you why. I have 3 cuty pies in my class of 15 who wear long skirts but since thye are still babys when they bend down unless the skirt has a snug fit and doesn't ride down then there's no problem otherwise you see more then just skin trust me. embarrassed Infact I had in line up another kid a boy come and pull up the girls skirt which had slid down abit too much embarrassed

it has happend a few times. The other thing is when they stretch if the top is not long enuf then too you see way more then just skin. Truth be known at this age the best is dresses or to at the very least make sure before purchasing it fits well, do not buy skirts that they will have wear in because then this is bound to happen.

hatzlacha Smile

happyone

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 12:15 am
Try Peretz. They have really great deals!
Sometimes, you can do well at Europe on 12th as well.
good luck.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 10:13 am
I am sure you can get shrugs that are tasteful.

soraya

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 12:25 pm
I am with the original amother. I also do not like the way shrugs look. I think that they draw the eyes to the breast area.
that being said, I am not sure if you can little girls clothes that are aidel and reasonably priced! It can get expensive. I would check out some of the department stores. In addition, the following sites have some nice "aidel" clothing for girls- they may be more than you wan to spend, though.

www.janieandjack.com
www.gymboree.com
www.hannaandersson.com

also, take a look at childrens place again. I saw a few cardigan sweaters that were not shrugs, just regular sweaters.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 12:26 pm
Thanks for all the great ideas.

cindy324

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 12:37 pm
Quote:
According to the Googled stuff I found, shrugs are those little cardigans that are worn with something underneath that go halfway between the shoulder and the waist.

Exactly, and those are the kind that childrens place has, not the ones that tie under the breast.

I'm just a bit surprised you would call it trashy, but it's quite obviously because you don't really know the meaning of the word. I would call a harlot trashy, a woman dressed in cut-offs revealing half her butt and a plunging neckline revealing half her boobs would be called trashy, NOT cute childrens' clothes.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 12:40 pm
Check out Sears, Target, WalMart, KMart.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics