Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Is there a pattern for making your own pre-tied tichel?
1  2  Next

WriterMom

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 7:51 pm
I have a bunch of scarves that never stay on, tied. If there were a pattern to do it relatively easily, I'd love to take them to a seamstress and have them converted. (I bake, decorate cakes, knit and crochet, but don't sew.)

YALT

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 7:56 pm
I'd imagine you also know how to write. lol
I'd be interested in such a thing as well. I also have some scarves that don't stay on but I love the pretieds.

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 9:00 pm
scarves that don't stay on--are they silk ones? I found it helps to use a bobby pin or two discreetly around the ears to keep the scarves in place.

YALT

Post Fri, Aug 21 2009, 5:25 am
the pins didn't work for me. Nothing stays on my head. The pretieds stay the longest.

willow

Post Fri, Aug 21 2009, 5:53 am
I find it depends on the type of material. If its Lycra/stretchy then it stays put

creativemommyto3

Post Fri, Aug 21 2009, 5:58 am
I am interested in finding out also.

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 21 2009, 9:34 am
you can take one apart and follow it ...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Aug 21 2009, 9:43 am
To make a scarf stay on my head, I do NOT tie them in back in a bun (just weighs it down), but if it's long enough I wrap it around the front for extra security.

dewyt

Post Fri, Aug 21 2009, 11:41 am
I dunno how to make em but I sell pre tieds for 12

ClaRivka

Post Fri, Aug 21 2009, 1:16 pm
I sell them for $10

dewyt

Post Fri, Aug 21 2009, 1:27 pm
Smile plus shipping...

ClaRivka

Post Fri, Aug 21 2009, 1:50 pm
If you by 3 or more, free shipping for all Imamothers

dewyt

Post Fri, Aug 21 2009, 1:54 pm
thats a great deal!

tato

Post Fri, Aug 21 2009, 3:23 pm
My mom just turned all her silk scarves to pretied. Just like greenie said.
What works for me is I bought all diff color lace material about 2 inches wide and long enough to be a head band and Iput it on before I put on my (matching color ofcourse) silk scarf.
I get so many compliments and questions where I got it from because they think its one piece.
Its always better to have a material that does stay on your head on the bottom of the pretty fashion scarf. That way if it falls back.. before you notice..You have 2 inches of covered hair!

sv9506

Post Fri, Aug 21 2009, 3:26 pm
Clarivka - where can we see your selection?

dewyt - I thought you stopped selling them?

ClaRivka

Post Fri, Aug 21 2009, 3:33 pm
You can see what I have on Facebook. Group is called "Get a-Head"

dewyt

Post Fri, Aug 21 2009, 3:45 pm
nope I got a job so BH I was able to continue Smile
any1 with any q's can message me...I dont really wanna talk about my things here ur not supposed to Smile

WriterMom

Post Fri, Aug 21 2009, 7:55 pm
Thank you for the ideas ... I'll probably buy some more at those prices, LOL, but I want to learn how to make my own (or, er, explain to the seamstress how to make them) for scarves I've got. A lot of my relatives who travel get them as gifts (those and earrings - you can find nice, unique and affordable ones most places you go, and easy to pack!) and so they kind of have sentimental value, too.

They're mostly silky, and some are pure silk, so light and comfy, but will NOT stay on unless I use so many clips that it just looks silly.

shoeboxgirly

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 8:48 am
WriterMom wrote:
Thank you for the ideas ... I'll probably buy some more at those prices, LOL, but I want to learn how to make my own (or, er, explain to the seamstress how to make them) for scarves I've got. A lot of my relatives who travel get them as gifts (those and earrings - you can find nice, unique and affordable ones most places you go, and easy to pack!) and so they kind of have sentimental value, too.

They're mostly silky, and some are pure silk, so light and comfy, but will NOT stay on unless I use so many clips that it just looks silly.

Did you ever get a chance to do this? Perhaps if you did you could write it up. Smile

Soul on fire

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 12:04 pm
I would imagine if you showed the seamstress a pretied and asked her, she may be able to figure it out on her own. Probably adding elastic and stitching the bottom together would work wouldn't it?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels