Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Is there a pattern for making your own pre-tied tichel?
Previous  1  2

shoeboxgirly

Post Wed, Oct 26 2011, 3:34 pm
I found a few sites online, and I have a few I don't wear because they are too big, so at some point in the not to distant future I will be making my own. If it goes well I will post a how to.

Houseofmen

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 6:42 am
WriterMom wrote:
Thank you for the ideas ... I'll probably buy some more at those prices, LOL, but I want to learn how to make my own (or, er, explain to the seamstress how to make them) for scarves I've got. A lot of my relatives who travel get them as gifts (those and earrings - you can find nice, unique and affordable ones most places you go, and easy to pack!) and so they kind of have sentimental value, too.

They're mostly silky, and some are pure silk, so light and comfy, but will NOT stay on unless I use so many clips that it just looks silly.

I just simply took a pre tied to my local chinese dry cleaner/tailor. She looked at the pre tied- and simply added an elastic on the bottom of the scarf. If you take the scarf into any seamstress/dry cleaner/craft store with a pretied- they should be able to help you figure out how to make one

imeinu

Post Sun, Nov 13 2011, 8:08 am
tato wrote:
My mom just turned all her silk scarves to pretied. Just like greenie said.
What works for me is I bought all diff color lace material about 2 inches wide and long enough to be a head band and Iput it on before I put on my (matching color ofcourse) silk scarf.
I get so many compliments and questions where I got it from because they think its one piece.
Its always better to have a material that does stay on your head on the bottom of the pretty fashion scarf. That way if it falls back.. before you notice..You have 2 inches of covered hair!

That's a cute idea! Another great way to keep a headscarf on is with the Milano WiGrip. With the WiGrip you will still be able to tie your scarves in all kinds of ways without being locked in to a pre-tied style.

penguin

Post Fri, Jan 17 2014, 12:12 pm
I found a pattern here for sale:
http://kosherpatterns.com/#!/~/product/category=6400381&id=27880096

Here's a free one:
http://proudmommy0f4.livejourn......html

penguin

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 12:53 pm
Anyone know how to make an under-cap (something to wear under a scarf that's too sheer to wear alone)? I am thinking a circle with gathers in the back, but before I waste material experimenting, am hoping someone has tried this.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 2:05 pm
Non control top pantyhose with the legs removed and a knot tired if you want. Or go too a low class beauty supply store and ask for a stocking cap.

Didi

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 2:36 pm
IF your tichel is falling off your head, stop using conditioner in your hair.....

musicmom

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 12:14 pm
I liked the pretties at uptown girls, where they where it was puffy in the back to make it look like I had hair a little, even though I shave. I saw that store closed. I wanted to get these in white? Where can I find something like that? But, of course a pattern would be beter. I just don't want to take mine apart...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels