Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Empire - Child Health Plus Question

Mrs. Crocs

Post Sun, Aug 23 2009, 9:58 am
My pediatrician's office is closed right now and I want my baby seen by a doc. Per Statcare (in Boro Park) I will need to change my Primary Care Physician to them tomorrow (since the insurance co. is not opened today) and then I can change it back to my regular PCP the next day (in order for today's visit to be covered). Has anyone done this? Will Empire change it tomorrow and cover today's visit?

abismommy

Post Sun, Aug 23 2009, 11:27 am
I just had a similar experience and this is what the rep told me. You can change it as of TODAY! Call up and put in your child's info as usual. Press "0" for the main menu. You'll hear that the office is closed, etc. Listen to the whole message and at the end, there's an option to press 1 and leave a message as a grievance (this is what the rep told me). Leave a message that you needed your child to be seen, after hours, by another dr. and need to change the child's pcp as of today. They will call you back the next day (or so she said) and make the change retroactively for you. Then call tuesday and change beack to your reg pediatrician.
If it doesn't work, call up 1st thing monday morning and tell them that you needed to change it yesterday (sunday) and couldn't. they will probably do it for you.
If statcare wants to bill it as a claim for tomorrow, then call up tomorrow and change the pcp - very easy - and then the next cday all back and change again. I do it all the time when a child needs to be seen.
Good luck and refuah sheleima!

Bliss

Post Sun, Aug 23 2009, 2:41 pm
Thanks for the info. I just had such a situation up in the mountains where I had to visit the doctor on sunday emergency and I wasn't sure if I could do it this way so I had to go farther away to my regular doctor.I guess I'll know for next time.

Mrs. Crocs

Post Sun, Aug 23 2009, 6:08 pm
Thanks for your responses!

abismommy

Post Sun, Aug 23 2009, 6:12 pm
YW - hope it works for you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics