Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Nurses and wearing Scrubs
Previous  1  2

bonnie

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 6:20 am
Not a nurse- just throwing out an idea for anyone who can sew and is looking for a home business- how about modest scrubwear that conforms to most standards of zniut/medical settings?

Looks like you'd have tons of business!
If aqua modesta can do it...

NativeMom

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 1:13 pm
I have a scrub uniform (pants)...I will most likely ask about the skirts though-they are so strict about the uniform so I'm not sure what I'll do. At least for community health clinicals we only have to wear a polo shirt...

jasmine

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 2:15 pm
I have been workiing NICU for a number of years..................
I wear a scrub top with a long sleeve thin cotten t-shirt underneath, and a A-line navy blue skirt, below the knee. poly/cotton..The skirt is longer than the scrub skirts that are available in the stores.....this works out well with management, etc. I have two, they wash well, and no ironing....being NICU, we also wear disposal long sleeve gowns over our scrubs, this

rgk

Post Sun, Sep 06 2009, 5:07 pm
I'm not a nurse but a therapist. I wore skirt scrubs and never had a problem lifting patients or doing anything that was required of me

amother

Post Sun, Sep 06 2009, 7:04 pm
I am an RN. I have run into this issue many times. There are chashuv rabanim that give heteirim to wear scrub pants. While halachically it may be mutar in this case, in my own humble opinion, I cannot understand how frum women who cover their hair and are ehrlich women, wear pants in the work setting. I do not find in any way that a skirt hinders my ability to perform as a nurse. I have never worn pants in my life and I certainly do not plan on it now just because the other nurses are wearing pants. It is a difficult situation and I wish you much hatzlacha in your decision.

bubbyc

Post Tue, Sep 22 2009, 10:12 am
I am a NICU nurse and have always worn skirts/dresses. Years ago when we had scrub dresses, I wore a long sleeve tshirt underneath. I was also able to use some extra scrubs from our unit to make maternity scrub dresses. Then we went to "buy your own" and I made a scrub skirt from pants and then several scrub skirts from scratch, all colored. Now I have found places that sell colored scrub skirts. At this point, I only know of Tafford.com which sells a colored scrub skirt. For the tops, I wore a scrub jacket, usually with a shirt underneath in case it opened. When they gave out tshirts with the hospital name on it, I was able to get 2 long sleeve ones which I wear. When they gave out short sleeved ones, they sat in my closet until I saw other nurses "layering" so now I wear a white long sleeve tshirt under my hospital tshirt. Our sleeves are supposed to be above the elbow but B"H no one has said anything when mine are just below the elbow.
On another note, for years I wore a shaitel to work which always got ruined by the radiant warmers and heat lamps. When they loosened the dress code because of the Muslims, I started wearing a crocheted beret or crocheted snood. We have a PT who wears a regular snood to work. The "worst" that has happened is I have been mistaken for a nun or if I came for an MD appt in the hospital with one of my children, wearing a shaitel, and came up to my unit, the comment is "I thought you can't leave your hair uncovered."

jasmine

Post Mon, Sep 28 2009, 5:56 pm
http://highdesignuniform.com
here is a great site for modest nursing scrub skirts and matching tops....comes in many colors....beyond plain old white. check out syle #2000//the skirt is about 29-30" from waist, elastic waist, slightly gathered, with pockets and additional pockets below, like cargo pants....and inexpensive...I bought two pairs, in royal blue and purple with matching tops....one can wear a long tee shirt underneath.... if you goolge nursing scrub skirts, there are other sites as well...but this was the nicest one............ LOL .

calaflower

Post Tue, Mar 07 2017, 8:44 am
Curious- for the healthcare professionals needing to wear scrubs- when you wear a skirt, what do you wear underneath? Do you do stockings? Leggings? Scrub pants? ( under the skirt)

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Mar 07 2017, 3:42 pm
I am a physical therapist in a setting where I need to wear scrubs. I do a lot of squatting throughout my day to maintain proper body mechanics. I had a special scrub "skirt" made for me. I bought a 2x shirt (in addition to a pair of shirt and pants) and had a dressmaker make that shirt into a skirt with huge slits on the side. The slots are tall enough so I can move around veryyyy freely but bc the pants underneath are baggy you cannot see any "leg". They look very professional. I love them bc I can remain tznius while not compensating my body mechanics or patient care. Feel free to message me if you want more details or a picture! Btw- I had a similar "skirt" made for the water too!

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Mar 07 2017, 4:35 pm
I'm an ICU nurse. I wear a long scrub skirt with compression socks underneath (so technically knee socks length). I own a bunch of these skirts which I bought online at uniformadvantage.com (I think-it's been a few years since I last made a purchase). I have never had an issue running due to my skirt.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Mar 07 2017, 4:54 pm
amother wrote:
I am a physical therapist in a setting where I need to wear scrubs. I do a lot of squatting throughout my day to maintain proper body mechanics. I had a special scrub "skirt" made for me. I bought a 2x shirt (in addition to a pair of shirt and pants) and had a dressmaker make that shirt into a skirt with huge slits on the side. The slots are tall enough so I can move around veryyyy freely but bc the pants underneath are baggy you cannot see any "leg". They look very professional. I love them bc I can remain tznius while not compensating my body mechanics or patient care. Feel free to message me if you want more details or a picture! Btw- I had a similar "skirt" made for the water too!

Sounds SO interesting! Yes I'd like to see a pic please!
What I don't understand- they make a waistband out of the collar?

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Mar 07 2017, 5:29 pm

Can you see these pics?

The top 2 pics are the same scrub skirt and the one on the bottom is a different one with a little different design.

The elastic (or drawstring) is from the pants and the shirt that was made into the skirt starts right below. The dressmaker I used is in Lakewood and only charged me 14$. If you're in the area or if you'd want to ship her the scrubs and send her your measurements I can give you her info!

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Mar 07 2017, 5:48 pm
I'm not a nurse, but I have a friend who is a home care nurse, so she goes to home of various patients to provide nursing care. She just wears regular scrub pants for her job.

calaflower

Post Tue, Mar 07 2017, 6:05 pm
amother wrote:

Can you see these pics?

The top 2 pics are the same scrub skirt and the one on the bottom is a different one with a little different design.

The elastic (or drawstring) is from the pants and the shirt that was made into the skirt starts right below. The dressmaker I used is in Lakewood and only charged me 14$. If you're in the area or if you'd want to ship her the scrubs and send her your measurements I can give you her info!

Wow. I LOVE it. That's basically exactly what I'm looking for. How would I get in touch with you?

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Mar 07 2017, 6:12 pm
calaflower wrote:
Wow. I LOVE it. That's basically exactly what I'm looking for. How would I get in touch with you?

I sent you a message with the info!

eweiss

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 2:19 pm
Hi! I was looking online for scrub skirts and came across your post- these are amazing, I was wondering if you could send me the contact information for the lady who made them for you?
Thanks!

amother wrote:

Can you see these pics?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics