Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Frum/Jewish Children's Music & Videos
1  2  Next

What's your favorite Uncle Moishy tape(s)?
vol. 1-2  
 16%  [ 4 ]
vol. 3-4  
 0%  [ 0 ]
vol. 5-6  
 0%  [ 0 ]
vol. 7-8  
 0%  [ 0 ]
vol. 9-10  
 0%  [ 0 ]
vol. 11-12  
 4%  [ 1 ]
a different Uncle Moishy tape, not listed  
 0%  [ 0 ]
honestly, don't care for Uncle Moishy  
 50%  [ 12 ]
no opinion  
 29%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 24

taralynng

Post Wed, Jan 12 2005, 8:16 am
I want to recommend a new CD I purchased. It's called "Zaidy Avi Vol #1" an Ari Baumann Production. I especially like the songs "2 by 2" and "Shabbos Song."

It has some neat piano playing. I really like it, and it's a little different from Uncle Moishe. (At Judaica World they have it on the listening station now.)

Incidentally, which vols. of Uncle Moishe are favorites? I'd like to purchase 1 or 2 but there are too many to choose from.... What about his videos/DVDs?

What other tapes/CDs do people recommend? I like things that aren't annoying (some of the story tapes with all the shrill voices kind of bother me to listen to reapeatedly).

ForeverYoung

Post Wed, Jan 12 2005, 8:19 am
How about I highly dislike Ancle Moishy option?

The best tapes I've heard so far are Rebbil Alter's tapes & the mighty mitzva kids

gryp

Post Wed, Jan 12 2005, 8:21 am
I really like Torah Tots.

and Country Yossi Very Happy

I like the Uncle Moishy Alef Beis videos- there are two of them, I like them both.

older children love "Rambam cures the king" and "uncle pinchy"

and of course "hand in hand" and "im a chassid"

Motek

Post Wed, Jan 12 2005, 9:46 am
classics: the Mitzva Tree series and 613 Torah Avenue series

Post Wed, Jan 12 2005, 10:02 am
marvelous midos machine! meyer & me.
I do like uncle moishy.
I don't like when so many jewish kids songs come from secular tunes. it's cute when they come from the very popular jewish songs, though, and they just put kids words to it!

Tefila

Post Wed, Jan 12 2005, 11:26 am
3-8yrs in my opinion Smile
TorahTots videos . First and second not bad, but third video is terrible sorry to say, their music tapes are better!!
Miracle Days video goes thru Jewish Holidays proffesionaly done.

For older kids: 8yrs and on
Agent Emes all vol Excellent
Rashi video starring narrator leanod nimoy
Hand in Hand video for children starring children

Tapes and cds
Lets learn the Alef Beis
by Neshama Orchestras- lovley catchy tunes with phonic sounds etc
613 Torah Avenue all series is my top pick ( videos are also great)
Shmuel Kunda series
Marvelous middos Machine
Neshamala (for lub out there) women singing though

Last edited by Tefila on Wed, Jan 12 2005, 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

gryp

Post Wed, Jan 12 2005, 11:42 am
how could I have forgotten Marvelous Midos Machine? those are my absolute favorites. I wish there would be more volumes.

I never liked Uncle Moishy until I bought one for Mendel and he LOVED it.

I never saw the third Torah Tot video, but I like their tapes and songs.
(you can hear them at torahtots.com)

Rashi video is excellent, I have heard complaints that they show a cross symbol in their pictures.

Agent Emes is well-done, I would never buy it though. you would be surprised to hear how many little and not so-little kids are petrified of their second volume about kidnapping rabbis. when I say petrified, I mean crying and nightmares.

for learning about Yamim Tovim, Rebbe Hill, is excellent, once you get used to his style. kids love it, and learn tons of information from him.

Tefila

Post Wed, Jan 12 2005, 11:52 am
RG that is why 8yrs and on and not earlier for Agent Emes I think

Truthfully I don't think Uncle Moishy is that great also. But he interacts with the kids and they love it so I guess the kids are a better judge conc some of these videos then us adults!
Just put on for my Tot Chassidish Moments Morah Music for lub or any one out there who wants to know more about chassidim etc women singing though

yehudis

Post Wed, Jan 12 2005, 2:11 pm
I like all of Uncle Moishy that I've heard so far. I think my favorite is #8 (tape, not video), but it's in the car, and I can't check now.

I don't like Torah Tots, and neither does my daughter.

lucy

Post Wed, Feb 09 2005, 4:37 pm
I really like 613, uncle moishy is not that bad just a bit annoying for adults.

Though I heard many negative things about Agent Emes, never saw it though.

There is an unbelievable cartoon, increadbly proffessionally done, takes place in the city of chelm, I forgot the title something and The Golem. Unbelievanble its comparable to the proffessionalism of a Disney videa but totally frum.

Anyone knows where to get it?

gryp

Post Thu, Feb 10 2005, 6:24 am
lucy, I know that video, I would not buy it for my kids. it is well done but not totally frum at all. there are some strange untznius parts in it.

Last edited by gryp on Thu, Feb 10 2005, 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Pearl

Post Thu, Feb 10 2005, 6:50 am
anyone knows of tapes/video's in hebrew, as my kids don't speak/understand english?

sarahd

Post Thu, Feb 10 2005, 7:23 am
There is the sweetest video/CD called "Shalom lach Orachat", which is children's poems set to music and acted out, from a dati viewpoint, with the cutest, most "lechtig" Israeli children you ever saw performing. My mother's cousin bought it for my sister when she was teaching kindergarten. My nieces and nephews, who don't speak any Hebrew, enjoy watching it too. You can look at this link; they also have other titles, but I don't know anything about them.

http://www.israeliscent.com/Is.....10075

Pearl

Post Thu, Feb 10 2005, 7:42 am
thank you very much, sarahd!!!
I have to run home now, but will have a look at that website tomorrow, so I can send my husband shopping in bnei barak!
be well

micki

Post Thu, Feb 10 2005, 7:58 am
my kids are in love with kivi and tuki. they also like leah and eliyahu and gan shel dudu. they like uncle moishy but I hate it. "I want a BIG ice ceam" is a sentence he says or how he throws all the tissues out of the box to get to one tissue. I don't like but they do. the only one I like is the jewish holidays one.

shalom lach orachat is BEAUTIFULLL!!!!!!!! and so is eliezer v'hagezer- in hebrew.
we just got musical circus- a videotape of the all male performance in ny over last pesach chol hamoed. my kids like it and so does my husband Wink

I am very impressed with menucha fuches stuff- books tapes and videos. leah and eliyahu are hers.

my kids also love hand in hand and I'm a chosid- even the little ones, and also the 12 psukim they like but it broke Crying

more? I think this is enough.

Didi

Post Thu, Feb 10 2005, 10:40 am
lucy wrote:
There is an unbelievable cartoon, increadbly proffessionally done, takes place in the city of chelm, I forgot the title something and The Golem. Unbelievanble its comparable to the proffessionalism of a Disney videa but totally frum.

Anyone knows where to get it?

Lucy it is called Mendy and the Golem. I grew up with them. They were great. They just came out with them again recently the "newer" version.

gryp

Post Thu, Feb 10 2005, 12:38 pm
Didi, I think Lucy is talking about a video. I forget the exact name for it but its about a boy named Aaron and combines the stories of "Zlata the Goat," "Chelm," and "the Golem."

it is an interesting video, I was under the impression that it was done by a non-frum person which is why there are a few small things on it I wouldnt want my children to notice.

Motek

Post Tue, Jan 24 2006, 3:01 pm
Mishpacha magazine, issue #90 had a full page ad for videos (CD/DVD/VHS) for children that said they are made by yirei shomayim and are suitable for every heimishe home, packed with Torah values.

The next issue of Mishpacha had a letter which said:

Quote:
I was shocked to see a very inappropriate ad in last week's issue. I had come to trust Mishpacha as a magazine that I can safely bring into my home, but I'm bitterly disappointed. Advertisements for videos have no place whatever in any frum publication!

Mishpacha's response to that was:

Quote:
Mishpacha thanks our readers for pointing out this issue. We apologize for the oversight.

which sounds like they will not accept these full page (expensive) ads again!

interesting!

SMG

Post Tue, Jan 24 2006, 3:28 pm
My 4 yr old loves Rambam cures the King. Both kids are also big fans of the Uncle Moishy DVDs and in moderation, Shalom Sesame.

The story of Zlata and the Goat (and the other ones with it) are stories by Isaac Bashevis Singer. I enjoy a lot of his work for myself, and while there is no question that his stories have strong Jewish themes based on his own European upbringing, most of what he writes lacks a true "yiddishe ta'am" and some of the stories even have an underlying "krum" element to them. JMO.

realeez

Post Tue, Jan 24 2006, 4:55 pm
I like uncle moishy - we had volume 2 (pizza song) dvd til my ds cracked it in half! we have the one where he goes to eretz yisrael and meets dedi, volume 8 I think, and and the Aleph Bais one (grand grand).

we like 613 torah avenue - we have 3 video cds - pirkei avos, tefillah and yom tov. very cute although it does get annoying after a while! only one part bothers me (from tefillah - "gertrude darling you could be so much thinner - just don't eat the plate stick to the dinner")

I saw that thing in mishpacha too and found it very interesting. the ad didn't bother me - only a few weeks b4 in the junior when a story had a bad title that someone who doesn't know modern day slang totally missed! yikes!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics