Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Healthy meals postpartum

rain

Post Wed, Apr 17 2013, 2:54 pm
I have to loose about 20 pounds and I just had a baby a couple of weeks ago.
I am looking for healthy dinner ideas. I am eating around 1200 calories a day and I usually have about 500 left for dinner
I have many meat dinner ideas, I am looking specifically for dairy. we also dont eat fish

nyer1

Post Wed, Apr 17 2013, 3:12 pm
are you nursing? if so, that isn't enough calories for you!!

im almost 10 months postpartum and still have 10 lbs to get back to my original weight. I started a diet with an app called 'myfitnesspal.' you can access it on the internet or from a smartphone, or both. its free. you log what you eat and how much you work out, and it adjusts the calories accordingly. you can decide how much you want to lose per week... 2 lbs a week is the max, and it gives you the amount of calories you are allowed. healthy meals that I personally think work best on a lower calorie diet is as follows:

lots of protein keeps you satiated until the next meal. tuna, salmon, chicken, legumes, eggs, tofu.

veggies high in fiber give you lots of energy. if you have it readily available in your house, you can always eat it.... carrot sticks or celery are a great munching snack when you feel like you need to crunch on something... even peppers make a great snack too and if you get a low calorie dip, that's great too!

stick with whole grains, brown rice, quinoa. try to limit bagels, challah or white bread.

of course, limit dairy, but don't cut it out of your diet completely. cheese tends to be high in fat and calories.

search online "low calorie meals"... you should be able to find a lot.

also, soups tend to be a great meal. pair it with a salad or portion of protein and dinner is served. sometimes you can get away with a hearty soup that has protein in it.. like a split pea / barley soup... or my new favorite... curry lentil soup with lots of veggies. my husband was shocked when I told him we were only having soup for dinner, but he ended up being full from one bowl!

good luck.. im on board with you so feel free to swap tips and ideas! hatzlacha!

rain

Post Wed, Apr 17 2013, 9:58 pm
Thanks for your tips! I am nursing but don't loose any weight from it! I use 1200 as a guideline (it's what myfitnesspal told me to use! Ive been using it for a month)
so far ive been eatng tons of egg whites and chicken in whole wheat wraps and am so sick of them! thanks for the soup tip though, I will def try it.
Do you have a good mushroom barley soup recipe?
How did you loose the rest of your weight?

nyer1

Post Wed, Apr 17 2013, 10:24 pm
How did I lose ? I'm not actually sure. I gained 35 during pregnancy and over the first 3 months the 25 came off without me doing anything aside from nursing , but these last 10 won't budge!!!

Mushroom barley, Hmm I don't have a recipe but I would imagine I would use veggie stock, celery, onion, mushrooms, barley, spices
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus