Home

Incredibly moist honey cake recipe
  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


pinktichel









  
Post Posted: Sat, Aug 29 2009, 4:33 pm       Post subject: incredibly moist honey cake recipe
2 eggs
3/4 c. honey
1 c. sugar
1 c. oil
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 1/2 c. flour
1 c. strong coffee

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together. Pour into greased 9x13. Bake until toothpick comes out clean.

I made SO many of these last yr and not one failed. I froze them and they were so moist and delicious when defrosted.
Back to top

lamplighter









  
Post Posted: Sat, Aug 29 2009, 8:25 pm       Post subject:
Thanks!
2 questions though- does it get that gooey top like the bakeries (I've never eaten homemade honey cake that was as good as the bakery so I'm apprehensive) and secondly, how many loaf pans do you think this will make? or should I just keep to the 9x13?
_________________
"But it's no use going back to yesterday, I was a different person then"- Alice in Wonderland
Back to top

pinktichel









  
Post Posted: Sun, Aug 30 2009, 2:48 am       Post subject:
la456 wrote:
Thanks!
2 questions though- does it get that gooey top like the bakeries (I've never eaten homemade honey cake that was as good as the bakery so I'm apprehensive) and secondly, how many loaf pans do you think this will make? or should I just keep to the 9x13?


I can't remember how many loaf pans I made it in. I'm guessing 2.
It doesn't get super gooey on top, but does get sticky cuz it's so moist. My Dh hates the sticky tops so I have to try and dry it out for him. Rolling Eyes
Back to top

ChossidMom









  
Post Posted: Sun, Aug 30 2009, 4:50 am       Post subject:
pinktichel wrote:
la456 wrote:
Thanks!
2 questions though- does it get that gooey top like the bakeries (I've never eaten homemade honey cake that was as good as the bakery so I'm apprehensive) and secondly, how many loaf pans do you think this will make? or should I just keep to the 9x13?


I can't remember how many loaf pans I made it in. I'm guessing 2.
It doesn't get super gooey on top, but does get sticky cuz it's so moist. My Dh hates the sticky tops so I have to try and dry it out for him. Rolling Eyes


Haha. Sounds a bit like my husband. Loves "dry". Hates "sticky" or "wet" in his cakes!
_________________
“All that is thought should not be said. All that is said should not be written. All that is written should not be published. All that is published should not be read.”
Rabbi Menachem Mendel of Kotzk
Back to top

NotInNJMommy









  
Post Posted: Sun, Aug 30 2009, 4:28 pm       Post subject:
I made a double recipe! SOOO yummy!

It made 4 1lb loaf disposable pans, and 3 small oval disposable pans. (the double recipe)
Back to top

ra_mom









  
Post Posted: Sun, Aug 30 2009, 4:32 pm       Post subject: re: incredibly moist honey cake recipe
Can't wait to try this pinktichel.
Did I need to use a mixer, or can I just mix it by hand?
Also, what's a strong cup of coffee? 1 Tbsp instant coffee and 8 oz. boiling water?
Back to top

octopus









  
Post Posted: Sun, Aug 30 2009, 6:46 pm       Post subject: Re: re: incredibly moist honey cake recipe
ra_mom wrote:
Can't wait to try this pinktichel.
Did I need to use a mixer, or can I just mix it by hand?
Also, what's a strong cup of coffee? 1 Tbsp instant coffee and 8 oz. boiling water?


I always put 2 tspn in the coffee when a cake calls for it- I thought that was a strong cup. Laughing A tbspn sounds like a real zinger!
Back to top

ra_mom









  
Post Posted: Sun, Aug 30 2009, 6:55 pm       Post subject: Re: re: incredibly moist honey cake recipe
octopus wrote:
I always put 2 tspn in the coffee when a cake calls for it- I thought that was a strong cup. Laughing A tbspn sounds like a real zinger!

Lol! Thanks for your measurements octopus!
Back to top

octopus









  
Post Posted: Sun, Aug 30 2009, 6:57 pm       Post subject: Re: re: incredibly moist honey cake recipe
ra_mom wrote:
octopus wrote:
I always put 2 tspn in the coffee when a cake calls for it- I thought that was a strong cup. Laughing A tbspn sounds like a real zinger!

Lol! Thanks for your measurements octopus!


but who knows! maybe a tbspn makes it taste amazing. I just always assumed that a (drinkable) strong cup of coffee is 2 tspn.
Back to top

pinktichel









  
Post Posted: Mon, Aug 31 2009, 1:49 am       Post subject:
NotInNJMommy wrote:
I made a double recipe! SOOO yummy!

It made 4 1lb loaf disposable pans, and 3 small oval disposable pans. (the double recipe)


Thanks for the feedback. It's always nice to know when someone has made your recipe and enjoyed it!
Back to top

devy88









  
Post Posted: Mon, Sep 07 2009, 3:08 pm       Post subject: Re: incredibly moist honey cake recipe
pinktichel wrote:
Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together. Pour into greased 9x13. Bake until toothpick comes out clean.

I made SO many of these last yr and not one failed. I froze them and they were so moist and delicious when defrosted.


well, as for this being a no-fail cake....I guess u haven't met me yet Crying or Very sad

I decided to try this in a bundt pan 'cuz I wanted something just a little more fancy (was going to put some kind of icing onto it)

someone please tell me what I did wrong: I baked it on 325 instead of 350 so that the outside shouldn't burn , and I baked it for an hour or more... I finally gave up when I saw the edges turning black and yet the inside was still wet in some areas.

let me also add that I used a silicone bundt pan 'cuz I usually have trouble getting it out of the regular bundt pans. does anyone know why this failed?

tia
Back to top

pinktichel









  
Post Posted: Mon, Sep 07 2009, 3:31 pm       Post subject: Re: incredibly moist honey cake recipe
devy88 wrote:
pinktichel wrote:
Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together. Pour into greased 9x13. Bake until toothpick comes out clean.

I made SO many of these last yr and not one failed. I froze them and they were so moist and delicious when defrosted.


well, as for this being a no-fail cake....I guess u haven't met me yet Crying or Very sad

I decided to try this in a bundt pan 'cuz I wanted something just a little more fancy (was going to put some kind of icing onto it)

someone please tell me what I did wrong: I baked it on 325 instead of 350 so that the outside shouldn't burn , and I baked it for an hour or more... I finally gave up when I saw the edges turning black and yet the inside was still wet in some areas.

let me also add that I used a silicone bundt pan 'cuz I usually have trouble getting it out of the regular bundt pans. does anyone know why this failed?

tia


I don't know where you went wrong, cuz it sounds like you did everything right! I'm sorry it didn't work for you. Maybe some expert bakers can help?
Back to top

Rikolla3









  
Post Posted: Mon, Sep 07 2009, 4:03 pm       Post subject: re: incredibly moist honey cake recipe
what do u mean 1 c strong coffee? a full cup of the actual coffee or teaspoon/tablespoon? I never baked be4 and I want to try. please be VERY specific!!


thanks
Back to top

btMOMtoFFBs









  
Post Posted: Mon, Sep 07 2009, 4:14 pm       Post subject: re: incredibly moist honey cake recipe
have you ever added raisins?
_________________
"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called "the present."
Back to top

pinktichel









  
Post Posted: Mon, Sep 07 2009, 4:15 pm       Post subject: Re: re: incredibly moist honey cake recipe
Rikolla3 wrote:
what do u mean 1 c strong coffee? a full cup of the actual coffee or teaspoon/tablespoon? I never baked be4 and I want to try. please be VERY specific!!


thanks


1 c. of hot water with about 1 T. of coffee (I'm estimating... I just throw it in)
Back to top

pinktichel









  
Post Posted: Mon, Sep 07 2009, 4:16 pm       Post subject: Re: re: incredibly moist honey cake recipe
btMOMtoFFBs wrote:
have you ever added raisins?


nope. Don't like them very much.
Back to top

bubby









  
Post Posted: Mon, Sep 07 2009, 9:21 pm       Post subject: re: incredibly moist honey cake recipe
I messed up with the recipe & I used 2 1/2 cups of coffee. So I threw in more flour. The batter tasted delicious & the cakes look amazing! Thanks, Pinkie xxx
Back to top

Rikolla3









  
Post Posted: Mon, Sep 07 2009, 11:35 pm       Post subject: re: incredibly moist honey cake recipe
do u need a mixer to mix the ingredients t/g or a spoon will do?
Back to top

pinktichel









  
Post Posted: Tue, Sep 08 2009, 12:57 am       Post subject: Re: re: incredibly moist honey cake recipe
Rikolla3 wrote:
do u need a mixer to mix the ingredients t/g or a spoon will do?


I suppose a spoon would be ok, just be sure to mix really well.
Back to top

pinktichel









  
Post Posted: Tue, Sep 08 2009, 12:58 am       Post subject: Re: re: incredibly moist honey cake recipe
bubby wrote:
I messed up with the recipe & I used 2 1/2 cups of coffee. So I threw in more flour. The batter tasted delicious & the cakes look amazing! Thanks, Pinkie xxx


2 1/2 cups of coffee?! Well, I'm sure the coffee lovers will be thrilled!!
Back to top
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Page 1 of 9   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Similar Topics Replies Last Post
No new posts Moist Honey Cake Recipe anyone?
by EvenI
13 Thu, Sep 18 2008, 5:49 pm View latest post
No new posts any moist honey cake recipes??
by agh
44 Mon, Jan 26 2009, 8:15 pm View latest post
No new posts Moist chocolate cake recipe?
by momomom
20 Wed, Apr 28 2010, 3:47 pm View latest post
No new posts I need a moist chocolate cake recipe!!!! 38 Tue, Aug 07 2007, 2:42 pm View latest post
No new posts Honey cake recipe?!?! 30 Mon, Sep 08 2014, 5:11 pm View latest post


Jump to:  



Report offensive ad