Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Incredibly moist honey cake recipe
  Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 9  10  11  Next

faigyl

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 3:54 pm
dug up this recipe again! I made it last year and it was delicious!

B"H

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 4:29 pm
yup I've made it several times and gotten so many compliments on it!!! and it freezes amazingly well!!! actually I think it's even more moist out of the freezer. thanks for the recipe!!!

Bleemee

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 5:07 pm
It's on my YT to-do list! Yum!

Happy 2B

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 6:15 pm
ra_mom wrote:
octopus wrote:
I always put 2 tspn in the coffee when a cake calls for it- I thought that was a strong cup. LOL A tbspn sounds like a real zinger!

Lol! Thanks for your measurements octopus!

oh my and I thought it meant a cup of instant coffee!! glad I read through the thread!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 6:24 pm
Happy 2B wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
octopus wrote:
I always put 2 tspn in the coffee when a cake calls for it- I thought that was a strong cup. LOL A tbspn sounds like a real zinger!

Lol! Thanks for your measurements octopus!

oh my and I thought it meant a cup of instant coffee!! glad I read through the thread!
1 Tbsp coffee dissolved in 1 cup boiling water is good.

cupcaker

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 7:26 pm
[/quote]1 Tbsp coffee dissolved in 1 cup boiling water is good.[/quote]

that's what I used and it came out delicious! I baked it in 2 loaf pans, on 350 for about 40 minutes. I thought I'd get a head start on baking by making it today, hoping I could freeze one loaf for y"t but I doubt it'll last us that long!

thanks so much for posting! back on my to-do list: double batch of this delish cake!

Taliaville

Post Mon, Sep 12 2011, 5:12 pm
I made this yesterday too as a test run. I made it gluten free, and it is perfect and moist- not crumbly at all! It is absolutly amazing- the kids and I love it! Since it freezes well, I am going to make this a regular cake. Thank you so much for this recipe!

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Mon, Sep 12 2011, 6:04 pm
Chiming in to say I tried this too, and it was a hit! Not a crumb left for yom tov, though...

maze

Post Mon, Sep 12 2011, 7:46 pm
This came out great! thanks pink
the only thing I might do next time is (maybe decrease the sugar) and add more coffee. I used 1 T coffee in 1 cup water. It's ironic because I only made half the recipe but accidentally added the full amount of coffee. So then I decided to do the whole recipe- and ran out to buy more honey in middle because I ran out. The cakes ended up being light, but I like a darker brown not beige color. Does it come out light colored for everyone?
Has anyone doubled the coffee with good results?

Flower Mom

Post Sun, Sep 18 2011, 2:35 pm
Taliaville wrote:
I made this yesterday too as a test run. I made it gluten free, and it is perfect and moist- not crumbly at all! It is absolutly amazing- the kids and I love it! Since it freezes well, I am going to make this a regular cake. Thank you so much for this recipe!

Taliaville - how did you make this gluten-free?

Thanks,

Flower Mom

checkbefore

Post Tue, Sep 20 2011, 11:46 am
The cakes came out YUM! I think I am going to make another batch.

geshmak

Post Tue, Sep 20 2011, 1:07 pm
Flower Mom wrote:
Taliaville wrote:

Taliaville - how did you make this gluten-free?

Thanks,

Flower Mom

You did not ask me, but I made it with Lite Spelt flour and it is delicious. I also made it with regular flour and it looks great. Seems to be the best recipe around.

observer

Post Tue, Sep 20 2011, 1:57 pm
Did anyone ever try this with whole wheat flour (or white whole wheat flour?)

queen esther

Post Wed, Sep 21 2011, 8:18 pm
Another poster here said she subbed whole wheat flour for half of the flour and it came out good. I have done that last year, and I think it was fine....can't really remember! But I will do it again. I would like to know about cutting down any of the sugar- do you think I can cut any and it will still be sweet?

maze

Post Wed, Sep 21 2011, 9:11 pm
queen esther wrote:
Another poster here said she subbed whole wheat flour for half of the flour and it came out good. I have done that last year, and I think it was fine....can't really remember! But I will do it again. I would like to know about cutting down any of the sugar- do you think I can cut any and it will still be sweet?

The cake comes out very sweet, so I would cut it down a little

gr8cook

Post Sat, Sep 24 2011, 8:58 pm
This cake came out delicious. Whoever tasted it asked me for the recipe. This will definitely go into my recipe collection.

Bleemee

Post Sat, Sep 24 2011, 9:06 pm
I double the recipe as default. I made one (double) patch and hope to make another!

Levtov

Post Sat, Sep 24 2011, 9:33 pm
I'm going to make the FOURTH batch now, cuz almost all of what I baked is already gone....Sure gonna have a 'sweet' year!!! simply delicious!! Please note: I baked it for 50 minutes.

skymile

Post Sun, Sep 25 2011, 7:39 am
I love that I was able to use the "recipe box" option for the first time! I can't wait to taste it!

runninglate

Post Sun, Sep 25 2011, 9:27 am
can someone pls give me clear directions as to how to freeze and defrost this cake? I will be making it in a nine by thirteen.
Page 7 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins