Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Incredibly moist honey cake recipe
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 9  10  11  Next

Shalshelet

Post Tue, Sep 15 2009, 8:48 pm
Just pulling them out of the oven. Smells great! Made them glutenous, so I can't enjoy, but I'm sure our R"H host and DH will Wink . Wondering if I should freeze it first . . .

hadasa

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 2:50 am
Thanks, pinktichel! So easy, and delicious! I made a double recipe in a big (11x15"?) pan. DH and I had a samll taste, and the rest is in the freezer. It's not high, but really soft and moist. I used tea instead of coffee, because I was afraid it would be too bitter for the kids.

sunny90

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 2:54 am
These were delicious! I made one recipe with coffee, and one with tea and 1/2 c applesauce instead of half the oil. They were both amazing! And they are incredibly moist!
Thank you!

devy88

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 7:09 am
pinktichel wrote:
Sherri wrote:
tzatza wrote:
devy88 wrote:
I made it in two loaf pans insted of a 9 x 13. I had major cracking, in fact-it kinda looked like a volcano Rolling Eyes . can anyone tel me why?

I had the same, but not too much. I am not worried about it.

Thought I was the only one.

I noticed, that when I filled the pans more than halfway, they split on top. When I started filling them less, they came out perfect.

I suggest, for next time, that ppl only fill halfway and use leftover batter to make a few cupcakes.
I apologize for forgetting to post that tip when I made them last week.

that makes sense, because I gave my mom this recipe and she also made them in 2 loaf pans-but longer ones than mine, so I guess hers weren't filled up as much and they only cracked a drop on top

thanks! (my m.I.l. LOVED it)

SV

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 7:12 am
Any suggestions of an easy glaze to go with this cake?

devy88

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 9:15 am
SV wrote:
Any suggestions of an easy glaze to go with this cake?

y don't u try a mixture of egg whites and confection sugar with a drop of oil?

I put this glaze on some honey cookies last year and it was delicious

tzatza

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 9:22 am
what is the best way to defrost this cake?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 9:27 am
tzatza wrote:
what is the best way to defrost this cake?
Just leave it in the wrapping it was in in the freezer, and place it on the counter that way to defrost. Keeping it covered while defrosting will add to its moistness.

SV

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 9:32 am
If I made mine last night should I freeze it today? OR will it stay fresh if I just cover it tightly?

Peanut2

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 9:38 am
Same question: If I bake now, do I need to freeze them if I want to have them Friday night, Saturday lunch, and Sunday lunch?
Also, how long before I plan on eating them do I need to take them out to defrost?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 9:47 am
I would freeze it, and take it out to defrost the night before, or morning before eating it.
But you probably don't have to.

Rikolla3

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 11:07 am
my first baking experience was pretty good! thanks so much!!!!! my hub actually (I think) likes it!!! so moist!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 11:12 am
I made the cake. It's wonderful and fairly moist but drier around the edges and not sticky on top. I baked it at 350 for 25 minutes, 330 for another 20 when I decided to stick something in; it was definitely done!

Fuchsia

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 1:49 pm
Would this work in a Bundt pan? Or the flatter the better?

pinktichel

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 1:51 pm
Fuchsia wrote:
Would this work in a Bundt pan? Or the flatter the better?

Someone else tried it in a bundt pan and it didn't work.
Personally, I have never done it so I don't know.

Fuchsia

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 1:52 pm
Thanks. I'll stick to the 9x13 then.

mimishkl

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 2:06 pm
I baked it in a loaf pan. it cam out really good. the only thing is that I put in equal instead of sugar. didnt feel sweet so im gonna redo it now with reg sugar. if u bake u bake it the right way. Wink

#1cook

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 9:30 pm
this cake is a real winner my daughter who hates honey said it was good

doubled the recipe made 4 large loaf pans baked in toaster oven 350 degrees 35 min. closed the fire and let sit in hot oven 5-10 more min. came out most and delicious.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 3:19 am
OK... I made 8 loaves of this recipe. I did half whole wheat flour and half all purpose. Sure smelled good. Giving away to a few friends, coworkers and neighbors tomorrow. Bringing to hosts for YT.

katb

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 3:25 am
Just took mine out of the oven. they seem very moist and yummy and so easy to make! I tasted the batter and it was very good, now I'm getting in the mood for R'H
Page 4 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins