Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Incredibly moist honey cake recipe
  Previous  1  2  3 7  8 9  10  11  Next

runninglate

Post Sun, Sep 25 2011, 12:45 pm
also, is it baked covered or uncovered? Someone pls, im making it now!also, is it baked covered or uncovered? Someone pls, im making it now!

checkbefore

Post Sun, Sep 25 2011, 1:02 pm
You bake it uncovered. I wrapped them in silver foil and put them into freezer bags. To defrost I will take it out of the bag but keep it in the foil.

runninglate

Post Sun, Sep 25 2011, 1:37 pm
thank you, checkbefore. Your response came just in time. Do you wrap the whole pan in foil or just cover the top? Anything I can subsitute for freezer bags or shld I go buy them?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 25 2011, 1:44 pm
runninglate wrote:
thank you, checkbefore. Your response came just in time. Do you wrap the whole pan in foil or just cover the top? Anything I can subsitute for freezer bags or shld I go buy them?
Wrap the top of the pan in foil while still warm. Seal in bag. (Any will do. Storage bag with twist tie is fine.) Freeze.

chat

Post Mon, Sep 26 2011, 5:36 pm
approximately how long should it bake for?

Bleemee

Post Mon, Sep 26 2011, 7:07 pm
I baked a batch for my high school class- they wanted the recipe! Smile Thanks again!

Levtov

Post Mon, Sep 26 2011, 7:10 pm
chat wrote:
approximately how long should it bake for?
I baked it 50 minutes

willow

Post Tue, Sep 27 2011, 9:53 am
Darn should have read the thread all the way first. I made it last year and it was great. Now its in the oven in a round silicon pan and I should have not filled it 3/4 of the way its been in 10 minutes now oh well see what happens

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Tue, Sep 27 2011, 4:31 pm
Just made cupcakes out of this. I got 24 normal sized ones out of it. Baked at 350 for about 22 min, they rose beautifully and came out great!

runninglate

Post Sun, Oct 02 2011, 12:40 pm
pinktichel, just wanted to thank you for sharing this recipe. I made it for my parents and in laws and it was a real hit! pinktichel, just wanted to thank you for sharing this recipe. I made it for my parents and in laws and it was a real hit!

fish35

Post Mon, Oct 03 2011, 9:58 am
Amazing! I rarely bake because nothing comes out right for me. I tried this recipe because I really wanted honey cake for RH and the reviews were very positive. I used all whole wheat flour and substituted the sugar with 3/4 c. honey for a total of 1 1/2 c. honey. It came out great! This was dessert for every meal. Definitely filing this one away for future use. Thank you!

willow

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 1:36 pm
once again a hit

sunny90

Post Thu, Oct 06 2011, 3:48 pm
Made this once again this year and everyone loved it! Thanks again pinktichel!

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 30 2011, 7:09 am
Hi Pinktichel, my friend asked me to tell you how easy and good the cake was, her family loved it!

Sherri

Post Thu, Aug 30 2012, 1:45 am
Bump! Has anyone made this yet? Smile

EvenI

Post Thu, Aug 30 2012, 2:53 am
Sherri wrote:

If you mean this year, I haven't. But in case you didn't notice, this is an old thread. I found this recipe here in a past year and I certainly used it and it more than met expectations. You won't be disappointed.

Sherri

Post Sun, Sep 02 2012, 11:26 pm
EvenI wrote:
Sherri wrote:

If you mean this year, I haven't. But in case you didn't notice, this is an old thread. I found this recipe here in a past year and I certainly used it and it more than met expectations. You won't be disappointed.
Yes, I have made it in past years, I did mean this year.

checkbefore

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 12:42 pm
I plan on making it again!

exhausted

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 7:43 pm
Yes, I already made this twice this year!!

3Qts

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 8:41 pm
Thanks for bringing it up this year! My son just made 2 cakes..Yum the house smells!
Page 8 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 7  8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins