Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Bakery style fudge cookies
1  2  Next

elmos

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 9:25 pm
I am looking for a recipe for bakery fudge cookie its the white cookie with a choc. glob ontop sometimes with a colored circle on it. anyone?

msym

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 10:02 pm
kosher by design has a recipe

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 10:07 pm
I think it's an almond cookie ...

superduper

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 10:09 pm
I know what you are talking abt and I'm also looking for the recipe.... I dont think it's almond....

sunshine!

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 10:10 pm
Are you referring to the chinese cookies? Here is a recipe:

Chinese Cookies

1 ½ cup Crisco
1 ½ cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1 ¼ tsp baking soda
¼ cup marble liquid

Chocolate Dots
3 tbsp Crisco
6 oz. Chocolate chips
1 tsp. Confectioners’ sugar

Mix ingredients for dough, leaving liquid marble (available in baking aisle of your grocery store-by bakers choice) for last. Form two log shaped rolls and wrap in parchment paper or wax paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350' and slice logs into rounds. Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 10-12 minutes or until brown edges, but light on top. Allow to cool. Combine ingedients for glaze and melt over double boiler (or in microwave). Spoon some in the center of each cookie and allow to harden. ENJOY!

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 10:14 pm
so it's more of a sugar cookie ...

elmos

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 10:22 pm
its like a sugar cookie roundish shape with a thick chocolate.

superduper

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 10:23 pm
I think op is talking about those cookies that have chocolate icing and then pink icing in the center

WriterMom

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 10:26 pm
sunshine! wrote:
Are you referring to the chinese cookies? Here is a recipe:

Chinese Cookies

1 ½ cup Crisco
1 ½ cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1 ¼ tsp baking soda
¼ cup marble liquid

Chocolate Dots
3 tbsp Crisco
6 oz. Chocolate chips
1 tsp. Confectioners’ sugar

Mix ingredients for dough, leaving liquid marble (available in baking aisle of your grocery store-by bakers choice) for last. Form two log shaped rolls and wrap in parchment paper or wax paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350' and slice logs into rounds. Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 10-12 minutes or until brown edges, but light on top. Allow to cool. Combine ingedients for glaze and melt over double boiler (or in microwave). Spoon some in the center of each cookie and allow to harden. ENJOY!

I've never heard of marble liquid, but I really want to make this recipe. Is it possible that it's called something else in different places? What are the ingredients?

elmos

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 9:41 pm
you are rt on the $ superduper now does anyone have such a recipe

anewday

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 9:49 pm
greenfire wrote:
so it's more of a sugar cookie ...

and a crisco cookie...im getting in the mood of something good from the bakery!

musiclover

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 4:30 pm
Writer Mom,

I am using the recipe from Kosher by Design.
The recipe there calls for 1/4 cup of melted chocolate chips instead of the marble liquid. You are supposed to marble the chocolate into the dough with a knife (as best as you can.)

Good Luck!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 8:36 pm
KBD's is fine, but it's a flat marble cookie with a Stella Doro type shtreimel. Not the cone type plain cookie with the high chocolate shpritz on top.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 8:37 pm
Ah. Pink icing. My childhood bakery stuck with chocolate. (Or maybe it was just my family.)

sky

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 9:17 pm
In Baltimore Schmells makes such a cookie. It is a round cookie with a huge mound of chocolate, much more generous then a stella dora cookie, and much softer. I love those - but have never attempted to make it.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 10:32 am
I was thinking of Schmells!

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 10:37 am

If you're talking about the chocolate topped ones in this pic... YUUUUMMMMM! my favorite!

sammy

Post Sun, Jan 24 2010, 7:45 pm
thank you for posting the recipe for the fudge cookies from KBD. I made them and they came out really good. is it supposed to be a crispy cookie or soft and chewy? mine came out crispy, but maybe thats because I used margarine instead of crisco.

Motheroftwins

Post Sun, Jan 24 2010, 8:24 pm
I make the KBD chinese cookie recipe. If yours came out crispy, try baking them 3 minutes less next time.

Also, I dont care much for the recipe from KBD for the choc dot on top. It tastes too much like melted choc chips, and not enough like fudge which is how I remember them supposed to taste. Instead, I make a recipe for choc frosting that I use for cake, but I use much more confec sugar and less water to make it thick and fudgy. if anyone wants that recipe, let me know

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 24 2010, 8:33 pm
Motheroftwins wrote:
I make the KBD chinese cookie recipe. If yours came out crispy, try baking them 3 minutes less next time.

Also, I dont care much for the recipe from KBD for the choc dot on top. It tastes too much like melted choc chips, and not enough like fudge which is how I remember them supposed to taste. Instead, I make a recipe for choc frosting that I use for cake, but I use much more confec sugar and less water to make it thick and fudgy. if anyone wants that recipe, let me know

I'd love the recipe please! Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins