Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby sleeping alone
1  2  Next

supermama2

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 3:50 pm
What do you think about putting a 2 month old alone in his/her own bedroom to sleep? Is this okay to do? Of course one would use a monitor but for kabbalistic reasons and the like I wonder if it's okay to put baby alone. This is a new concept to me as I'm into keeping baby in my room for a long time. OH and please be gentle as I'm sparing you the "anon. imamother" TIA

shoy18

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 3:55 pm
My first baby was in his own crib in his own room at 3 weeks old. I dont think thier is anything wrong with it.

sim

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 5:18 pm
I've never heard about that -- I simply like to keep my babies with me b/c it's easier to feed a nursing baby at night if she is right near you. As long as you don't mind having to get up and go to the baby's room, go right ahead. You might even sleep better this way.

drumjj

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 12:00 am
I put mine very young in her own room maybe from about a month bec I couldnt sleep with her in the room with all the noises and wriggles she made.

supermama2

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 6:00 am
drumjj wrote:
I put mine very young in her own room maybe from about a month bec I couldnt sleep with her in the room with all the noises and wriggles she made.

I hear you but I think my baby girl is so sweet I love having her near Very Happy

I think I may try her own room now though. Thanks Smile

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 6:21 am
It's safer to keep them in your room for at least 6 months due to SIDS risks...and it's easier to feed them that way Smile

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 6:28 am
My dd was in her room when we came back from hospital. I need my sleep, and she needs hers. I need to be able to do whatever I want in my room too, without worrying the light or the music or whatever will disturb her.

I don't know many people who have their child in their room unless they c'v cannot afford.. This is NOT about religion (!) or about loving (!!). More cultural, I think.

Capitalchick

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 6:58 am
I put my baby in her own room at 3 weeks old because I couldn't sleep due to all her little wiggles and noises. At first I was nervous about it. It seemed so unnatural to put this helpless little baby, who I normally don't leave out of my sight, in her own room behind a closed door!
But she was fine. I used a monitor (even though she was literally 20 feet away from me) and we've both slept better because of it.

It might feel weird and scary for a few nights, but when you see that your baby is happy and safe and healthy each morning, you'll slowly get used to it and then you won't think anything of it.

This is not at all a judgement of them...but I cannot understand how people can co-sleep or keep their babies with them for a year. I would never ever have slept!

ShakleeMom

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 7:15 am
As soon as my babies sleep through the night, usually 6 weeks - I put them in their own room. If they don't smell mommy-juice in their sleep, they sleep longer. proven.

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 7:15 am
lol mommy-juice

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 7:26 am
keep your girly close to you ... there is time yet for her to grow up ... Lady

Ronit

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 7:49 am
I moved ds#1 out of my room at 5months, when his crib finally arrived.

Ds #2 is now 6 months & nebach a wandering jew. I was trying to get ds #1 used to the bed, so I can put the baby in the crib, but every night s/t else happens. 2 year olds know better & they are the boss.

The nights that the baby sleeps in the crib out of my room, he sleeps much better. Besides for the time ds # 2 got up in middle of the night & decided to join the baby in the crib!!

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 7:55 am
ds: 3 mos exclusive in pack n play in my room; 6 mos his own room
dd: virtually always in pack in play to sleep; 3 mos into crib in own room

MiamiMommy

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 8:20 am
ShakleeMom wrote:
As soon as my babies sleep through the night, usually 6 weeks - I put them in their own room. If they don't smell mommy-juice in their sleep, they sleep longer. proven.

Yep! I moved my first two out at 6 weeks also, and they both began sleeping through the night!

superjew

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 8:25 am
ShakleeMom wrote:

I would agree with this. Thumbs Up

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 8:55 am
SarahO. wrote:
for kabbalistic reasons and the like

WHAT?

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 8:57 am
chocolate moose wrote:
SarahO. wrote:

WHAT?

do you keep a Shmirah by the baby (ie. Perek 121 Tehillim, etc)?

We are strict to keep that by our babies for the 1st year, but maybe there's another concern?

Inspired

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 8:59 am
I don't believe in putting my babies in another room. With each kid they've stayed in my room longer. oldest I've had sleeping in my room full time is 2 1/2. Obviously I would consider my 2 month old much too young to sleep alone.

Marion

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 9:21 am
DS#1 slept in his own room from day 1. Well, almost...he had to share with my mom for a week when she came to see him. DS#2 the same thing. I don't keep my kids in my bed unless I have a specific concern (like when the heating wasn't working in January...). On nights I really couldn't get up for feedings DH would bring the baby to me, wait until I finished nursing, and put him back in the crib.

Oh, and it was never behind a closed door.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 9:26 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:
SarahO. wrote:

WHAT?

do you keep a Shmirah by the baby (ie. Perek 121 Tehillim, etc)?

We are strict to keep that by our babies for the 1st year, but maybe there's another concern?

First time I hear of this.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics