Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
SCD: Goat Yogurt?

amother

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 11:10 am
I have a yogurt maker and I do know how to make the 24 hour SCD legal yogurt from cows milk. I want to switch to Goat milk. Does anyone know how to make yogurt from goat milk?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 3:05 pm
Any reason it should be different?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 3:09 pm
Sorry, I just googled scd goat yogurt. Apparently Elaine Gottschalk said it was just about impossible to get a good consistency goat yogurt, though some people are providing their own success stories. One big tip: heat the milk up on low.

I hope someone here does have an answer before you use your milk experimenting. Good luck!

amother

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 3:27 pm
Thanks fayge,

I know I probably won't get the same consistency like cow's milk. I'll make sure not to overheat it.

yaelinIN

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 8:30 am
I just tried goat yogurt for the first time (we are not SCD though) and the brand I had was more liquidy/loose than cow milk yogurt. It even had tapioca and pectin (so obviously not SCD) added to stiffen it, but no colors and no flavors. So do expect it to be very loose -- but it does taste very good!

Hatzlacha in your experiment!
Yael

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 9:04 am
amother, on the listserv there was a lot of talk about goat yogurt. are you on Gay's list?

amother

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 3:14 pm
ShakleeMom,

No I'm not on the list. I offered to do this for a family member who is on the SCD diet.

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 3:22 pm
amother wrote:
ShakleeMom,

No I'm not on the list. I offered to do this for a family member who is on the SCD diet.

join here http://www.scdiet.org/5community/SCDLI.html it's important, a few thousand members!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise