Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning lady missed a few hours...

amother

Post Tue, Sep 08 2009, 10:01 am
I am not sure what to do. I pay my cleaning lady by the day not by the hour. Last week I went out with my baby and she called me and said she finished her housework and was having menstrual cramps so wanted to take the earlier train (by an hour) so I said ok. Today she called and said she will be late as she needs to pick up a package at her daughters school so she is coming in 2 hours late. So in total, in one week, she missed 3 hours that I pay her for.
She also babysits when I need her so sometimes her days are only for cleaning and sometimes I need her to watch the baby and I run out. I can always use an extra hand so would it be fair for me to ask to stay one hour later 3 days to make up for these 3 hours? I could have her help me with the baby during those extra hours at the end of the day.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 08 2009, 10:02 am
Oh I should mention she is part time, she does not work every day. I have her a few times a week.

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 08 2009, 10:37 am
ask her how she'd like to make up the hours ... or prorate her pay ...

ShakleeMom

Post Tue, Sep 08 2009, 10:58 am
Tell her next time, no changing hours. Once I open my mouth, they see it's not a free-for-all... but if I only open my mouth sooner...

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Sep 08 2009, 11:02 am
the only thing with prorating hours, etc. and making it "hourly" is that her set-up currently could allow for shabbos/tom tov help if the contract is in a certain way.

I agree with SM...put your foot firmly, and politely DOWN.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 08 2009, 11:18 am
I'm such a softie and very non confrontational.
She just came in and apologized strongly for being late and I said um...ok. I didn't have the guts to be firm but I know that I need to say something by days end or this will pass me by.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry