Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Dumb question - frozen veges - please help!
Previous  1  2

SomebodyElse

Post Fri, Sep 11 2009, 11:38 am
My childhood favorite veggie dish was green beans with Italian salad dressing (served hot).

Mrs Bissli

Post Fri, Sep 11 2009, 11:45 am
queen wrote:
fayge wrote:
There are no dumb questions Wink

yes there are...... Twisted Evil
the ones you don't ask......

(don't be afraid to ask...... ever)

I heard someone else (NOT ME!!!) said
"there are no dumb questions, only inquisitive fools."

yaelinIN

Post Fri, Sep 11 2009, 3:22 pm
May I ask the OP what goes in her salad? If it is the usual American salad-- iceberg lettuce, some shredded carrots, a tomato from the grocery store, and maybe some cucumbers with lots of store bought salad dressing-- it actually isn't too healthy for you.

You would be better off with frozen veggies like green beans and peas, even with the french fried onions or mayo to make them creamy or making them into a kugel. You will be healthier if you can get even more colorful with your veggies -- bright reds (beets, red cabbage, red peppers), orange (carrots, peppers, winter squash), bright green (spinach, kale, broccoli), white (cauliflower, cabbage) and any other color you can get your family to eat.

It can be hard to start something new and strange, but look around for easy recipes (you can PM me) and add garlic to (almost) everything. Very Happy

Hatzlacha!
Yael (who made roasted beets and carrots with garlic and thyme, sauteed yellow peppers and green beans, and popcorn cauliflower for Friday night dinner this week)

anonymom

Post Fri, Sep 11 2009, 5:31 pm
Go browsing in the spice aisle in the grocery store. There are all kinds of interesting blends that you can just sprinkle onto anything. Defrost the veggies in a bowl on the counter and then microwave for a minimal amount of time. Simple.

Ima'la

Post Tue, Sep 15 2009, 2:06 am
Thanks for all the suggestions!

I'd love to add veges to stuff, but then my kids won't touch the whole dish. Cucumber is their vege of choice - with the peel on, at least!

yaelinIN, my salads are Romaine lettuce, scallions (often), unpeeled cukes, green pepper and tomato. I think it's pretty healthy and we're happy eating it every night - I just want to add variety b/c it's healthier to eat a variety of veges...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes