Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Boneless chicken breasts with skin?!?!?!?!?

rse

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 5:47 am
hi I went to the butcher today and for some reason I ended up with regualr chicken breasts without the bones with the skin (they are still thick)
Rolling Eyes WHAT CAN I MAKE WITH THEM?!?!?!
thankyou

pinktichel

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 6:37 am
rse wrote:
hi I went to the butcher today and for some reason I ended up with regualr chicken breasts without the bones with the skin (they are still thick)
Rolling Eyes WHAT CAN I MAKE WITH THEM?!?!?!
thankyou

Treat it as you would any other chicken.
If you want something like shnitzel, just take the skin off, pound thin and do what you would normally do.
There are loads of ideas for chicken breast in pastry dough.
If you want to cook it like chicken on the bone, together with dark, just leave the skin on and put on sauce of your choice.

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 7:12 am
Aren't those chicken 'tops' ? you can snip the breast out of it or use it like bottoms... with the skin on, it won't go dry.

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 7:40 am
I actually like to keep the skin on chicken breasts as they don't dry out too much.
The best way is to stuff something between the skin and the meat--or even chopped sauteed onions or fresh herbs will do. Then it goes into the oven just like a plain roast chicken.

tanachit

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 8:12 am
Citrus slices between the skin and meat work too.

rse

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 9:13 am
thanx everyone
I think I will stuff them with sauted onions and pur a sauce like reg chicken on top
any ideas how and how long I should bake it?

tanachit

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 9:21 am
45 min or so. Stab to see if juices run clear

greenfire

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 11:48 am
you could simply use the same recipe you were planning - only there are no bones to pick ...

baking time probably depends on how many pieces ... I would go for 1 1/2 hours but I like my food cooked ...

tanachit

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 12:39 pm
So do I. However, my meat oven is an oversized toaster oven, so things cook a lot faster.

Imaonwheels

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 1:03 pm
Also, the best way to not have them dry out is not to use sauce, just spices, and cook until just done, If this is for Shabbos the blech can dry them out. If you want sauce make it on the stove and put the breasts in it in something thick bottomed and pour the sauce over them. I would not save them for the day time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey