Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Disney World, Theme Parks

Mishie

Post Thu, Apr 20 2006, 1:18 pm
Do any of you have any experiences or advice you can share with me re:
Disney World, Sea-World or any of the other Theme Parks in Florida?

Which ones would you recommend?

Is there any way to get cheaper prices? (I heard they're about $60 a day, does that sound right?)

What about Hotels? or other places to stay?

Kosher Food?

(It's for a couple, without kids.)

Thanks!!! 8)

cindy324

Post Fri, Apr 21 2006, 1:06 am
I was there about 8 years ago, so this info might be a bit outdated.

I'm pretty sure you can get a break on theme park admissions by sitting through presentations on timeshares and vacation homes. They are usually 1-2 hrs, you sit through it and get coupons for reduced priced tix.

You can also check online, sometims if you do a search , you can find websites that sell package deals for less..

As far as food is concerned, I'm not sure if they still have a kosher restaurant there, but when I was there, we ate at the "Lower east Side " restaurant located in a hotel.

Also, I know that you can call a couple days before you're planning to be there, and Cinderella's castle in Disney World, will arrange to have a Glatt Kosher(usually Meal MArt airline food) meal for you inside their restaurant.

Sea Worls I found to be a big waste of money. It cost us $40 8yrs, ago for an adult to get in, so unless you really loved to see fish and sea creatures, don't bother. Better off going to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, or even that new Safari they have.

realeez

Post Fri, Apr 21 2006, 7:07 am
I have lots to say but can't give a full answer now. we went in february.

we rented a townhouse in a gated community about a 10 minute drive away. it was 3 bdrooms and really comfortable and was $99 a night. I'll post a link for it later.
we spent 1 day at magic kingdom and 2 days at animal kingdom. there is a lubavitch shul and they have a restaurant and shabbos meals but are costly.
I don't think there are many discounts available for disney.

we didn't do seaworld b/c we got a 3 day pass to disney but next time we would go and spend less time at disney.

that's in short but feel free to ask more questions if you have.

momtomany

Post Mon, May 01 2006, 9:41 pm
we went to sea world and bought tickets on ebay for 2 people for 80$.
employees usually get free passes and sell them for a lot cheaper than usual.
it pays to stay in a hotel near the theme parks you are going to b/c although they have a bus sysytem, it closes down after 10 and if you stay at the theme park till it closes (10) you will have no method of transportation home.
happened to us, we walked as far as we could go, (I was preganat and dh was pushing a stroller) then spent almost 20 on a taxi the rest of the way.
or rent a car.
and they do have kosher restaurants. I checked online I forget which website, and it was listed all kosher food places in orlando. they even have a chanad house.
we didnt end up going to any though, we brought all our food with us and went to walmart for groceries.
you can pm me if you want more info.

Blossom

Post Mon, May 15 2006, 10:39 am
I was there quite a few years ago so I don't remember specific details. I just remember that there was a bus service to and back from the parks. The most draining part was when the park closed and millions of people were trying to get home to their hotels, looking for their busses etc. Whew!! Can't forget that.
Epcot was beautiful. Magic Kindgom is cute. I hear SeaWorld is beautiful but I wasn't there.

amother

Post Mon, May 15 2006, 12:30 pm
I was there last yr with my sisters. Women only, all husbands and kids left at home.

I loved sea world. We went to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and I can't remember the last place . (maybe my sister who is online here will remember Smile ) We stayed at a timeshare resort 3 room suite. We booked hotel and airfare together and got a great deal. We used the hotels taxi service. We called when we started walking toward the exit, so by the time we got out our driver was waiting for us.

It is not a cheap vacation, but you could try to find good deals on the net.

dewyt

Post Tue, May 16 2006, 1:24 pm
Was just there for Pesach- Epcot is nice, maybe not for a baby but you said its only a couple so it should be beautiful. not sure about the restairants cuz it was pesach when we went....I know in miami beach there are plenty- if youll be going there, let me know.

Chanie

Post Tue, May 16 2006, 1:45 pm
We went last year right after Pesach (stayed in Florida a few extra days) We got it real cheap. My dh has a customer whos friend used to work in the IT department there. We went to the parks for FREE! and got employees discount on the hotel rooms. It was an amazing vacation.
We brought all our food with us and never left Disney resort. Free parking for the car by the hotel and took the shuttle around. Went to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and MGM. All the parks were great. Plan to do it again but since I'll have to pay next time I'll probably not do it all (it can get very expensive)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics