Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Warts on feet??

smile1be

Post Sun, Oct 04 2009, 11:20 pm
So I have these really painful warts on the sole of my foot I had 3 of them but now its now spread to around 10 and its getting really painful to walk on I tried doing the freezing it didnt work and was too expensive and too painful.. my oc said maybe I shud go get them cut out I really want to avoid this as I live on my own without parents support and it would be quite an expensive procedure..
Anyone dealt with this problem before and how they got rid of them???

NativeMom

Post Sun, Oct 04 2009, 11:34 pm
sounds like you have plantar warts and they sound pretty stubborn. You may need to see your dr. to have them removed if what you're doing at home isn't working.

grin

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 1:36 am
if you live anywere near a fig tree, the juice form the fruit can get rid of warts. also, banana peel - I've been told to put a small piece on next to the wart, affixed with a band-aid. change it daily. hatzlacha!

Aribenj

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 11:03 am
Oh I had that once. Started out as 1, then 2 more popped up, and before I knew it, the entire ball of my foot was COVERED in a thick layer of that stuff. And they're smart little boogers. They cover themselves with a thick callous and dead skin, so medicine can't get through. I tried EVERYTHING out there.

Finally, my dermatologist had to use a scalpel to peel back some of the dead skin and then used a laser on them. That's what finally did it. They dissapeared and that was that.

smile1be

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 7:35 pm
Did the laser thing hurt and how costly was it??

mommy2

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 8:30 pm
try apple cider vinegar, it worked for my son's wart

Aribenj

Post Tue, Oct 06 2009, 11:34 pm
smile1be wrote:
Did the laser thing hurt and how costly was it??

It stings kind of like someone snapping a rubber band on your skin. Not horribly painful, but not comfortable either. Like a 3 or 4 on the pain scale.
And if I recall correctly, it was covered by my insurance.

levial

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 11:36 am
I'd just go to the clinic. It's in the end cheaper. The warts are multiplying and getting worse in the meantime and sound painful.

From a home remedy perspective ; Duct tape - researchers believe that surrounding the skin around the wart with duct tape (and its adhesive) stimulates the immune system to fight the virus that causes the warts.

This works for some, not others. Remember, warts are a virus that thrive in warm, moist environments, so think about airing out your feet, switching shoes ev day, etc. too.
Finally, this is a several months treatment, and it sounds like you need help today!

The duct tape occlusion therapy says
-Cut a piece of duct tape to cover the wart (or warts completely)
-Wear for 6 days. If it falls off, put a new one (deprives the wart of moisture, dries it out)
-after 6 days remove and soak warts in warm water. Scrub with a pumice stone to remove the dead skin. Can also use an emery board. You will most likely want to throw it out/ sanitize the scrubbing device so as not to spread any wart virus. (for example, boil the pumice stone for 10 mins)
-Repeat every 6 days for up to 2 months or until warts are gone.

Use the gray color (multipurpose) tape. You can also put salicylic acid on the wart prior to putting the tape.

A white colored crust should appear in 2-3 weeks after starting treatment. This lets you know it's working.

smile1be

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 11:00 pm
Thanks so much everyone fr replying I think im gonna try the duct taoe one with that acid seems the most simplist bec im cant commit to something thats harder I just wont do it even though im in pain... lon story 2 other things has anyone heard of the garlic cure for warts? and where im from its cold now im wearing boots alot bec of the sweat and moisture in the boots would that be the reason y they stated spreading??
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics