Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby recently diagnosed with ASD

amother

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 11:19 am
Hi everyone:
My 4 month old was recently diagnosed with Atrial septal defect, which basically means he has a hole in his heart. My pediatrician gave me the results of an echocardiogram and apparently the hole is small. She referred us to a pediatric cardiologist to explain it to us more in detail but we can't get an appontment for another 6 weeks.

Does anyone know anything about this?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 11:47 am
If you want to be connected to other moms, contact Bracha Lavrinoff 718-436-4087 347-453-3576

happyone

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 5:21 pm
Contact Yameitz Libechu, an organization for families dealing with Congenital Heart Defects. They offer a newsletter, book / information library, parent matching to help you connect to other parents in the same situation, medical referrals, Shabbatons etc...
718-501-7537

amother

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 8:00 pm
Thanks for the info. I'm not the OP but my son has TOF and I was loking for the info you posted.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 8:22 pm
the newsletter is fantastic, super, great, .....It's humorious , informative, and excellent graphics. Please make sure to get the newest newsletter, and get on to their mailing list. It's confidential. The mail you will recieve from them will always be in an envelope and the return address will just be from YLH (yemeitz libechu hearts)

amother

Some ASD's close by themselves others need surgery. B"h it is a more mild heart defect and once fixed one could live a long productive life. I know a highly accomplished man in his 60's who we recently found out that he has an ASD and had surgery to fix it. The good news is that normally ASD are repaired when the child is a bit older (not a baby).
Heart Defects are very common almost 1 in 100 births. And VSD and ASD are the most common heart defect.

amother

the newsletter is fantastic, super, great, .....It's humorious , informative, and excellent graphics. Please make sure to get the newest newsletter, and get on to their mailing list. It's confidential. The mail you will recieve from them will always be in an envelope and the return address will just be from YLH (yemeitz libechu hearts)

amother

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 8:28 pm
http://kidshealth.org/parent/m.....html#
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics