Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
School not into politics

amother

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 12:41 pm
Is there any (religious) school at all where politics aren't such a big deal? I mean, where families are a mix of army and no army going and hallel and no hallel saying without the school pushing one way or another? Not necessarily 50/50, but with a sizeable chunk of the students turning both ways?

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 12:54 pm
amother wrote:
Is there any (religious) school at all where politics aren't such a big deal? I mean, where families are a mix of army and no army going and hallel and no hallel saying without the school pushing one way or another? Not necessarily 50/50, but with a sizeable chunk of the students turning both ways?

do you live in gan eden?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 12:57 pm
ShakleeMom wrote:
amother wrote:

do you live in gan eden?

That type exists outside of Erretz. So I'm asking.

Isramom8

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 2:19 pm
A school in Israel is attached to a political group, so it is political. That is the way it was since the development of school systems in the State of Israel. No getting around it.

There is mamlachti - public. There is mamlachti dati - public, with some religion. There is mamlachti dati torani - public with even more religion. There is chareidi - attached to chinuch atzmai. There is chareidi - cheder which is recognized but not governmental. Beit Yaakov was started by Ger. History buffs will recall that the Gerrer Rebbe and the Chofetz Chaim were Sara Shneirer's supporters when other rabbonim opposed her idea.

I'm missing a lot of details and background, but basically, schools are not private endeavors; they are government controlled or government approved, politically.

theotherone

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 9:39 pm
I'm no expert on Israeli schools, but I wonder what about Rappaport (Ahavat Yisrael) My understanding is that while the majority of kids do end up in army, they tend to get a more open-minded parent body. Can anyone else chime in on this?

Imaonwheels

Post Mon, Oct 05 2009, 10:06 pm
Chabad has religious, BT, yichus and not, Ashkenazi and sefardi and by definition no connections to a political party and the educational system. Internal politics are universal and ingrained in human nature.

Although the schools are Chabad the students out side of the huge kehillot like Kfar Chabad there atre many non Chabad schools because everyone not disruptive is accepted.

Other schools have this on an individual basis but not as a whole system.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions