Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Journeys (Zichron Shlome) - Highly Recommend
1  2  3  4  Next

Tova

Post Wed, Oct 07 2009, 9:52 pm
They were showing the movie of this performance in my city over Chol HaMoed. I went this afternoon and really enjoyed it! I'm so happy I went.

Did anyone see it live?

Gorgeous singing, amazing dances, unbelievable acting! Each character played her part so well - I loved Rivky's stereotypical character (the fancy Boro Parker) as well as Tamy (the Lakewood kollel wife who just seemed a bit too perfect). They set the scenery for Yael (the Yerushalayim kollel wife) so perfect - it really looked like an Israeli mirpeset.

The only thing I didn't get, though, and wished they would have clarifyed, was what was Mindy's misunderstanding of her date's smoking? Didn't he say that "everyone smokes?" The chassuna scene was so beautiful and lifelike! [And her mother on the show - Leah Forster!] As a big fan of Abie Rottenberg's music in general, all in all this was great!

Mini Cookie

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 12:41 am
I too watched it today 4 the 1st time, it was aaaaamazing! I agree about the smoking part. Pretty exaggerated.

theotherone

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 8:52 am
I saw it last year and was so in love that I went back again this year. I wish I could get a copy of it but the ads said it won't be sold. the voices were stunning! (and my personal 2 favorites was the Yerushalayim video and song plus Sfashkenaz. I had tears streaming down my eyes during both!)

bnm

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 11:33 am
theotherone wrote:
I saw it last year and was so in love that I went back again this year. I wish I could get a copy of it but the ads said it won't be sold. the voices were stunning! (and my personal 2 favorites was the Yerushalayim video and song plus Sfashkenaz. I had tears streaming down my eyes during both!)

I saw them advertising the dvd for sale, I know my sisters bought it. check your local seforim store.

yummydd

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 12:26 pm
http://www.eichlers.com/Produc.....ption Is this the one? Worth buying?

theotherone

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 8:15 pm
can't believe it! I guess I will buy it after all. thanks.

bashinda

Post Thu, Oct 08 2009, 10:04 pm
I was also confused by the ads saying they weren't selling it and then guess what, they're selling it. Maybe they meant they weren't selling it at that point.

Tweedledee

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 11:30 pm
I was in the cafe dancing choir. the goofy one in the voluminous green skirt

bnm

Post Mon, Oct 12 2009, 11:32 pm
Tweedledee wrote:

I got to rewatch it now...

pina colada

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 12:01 am
The money is going to (unfortunately) a very worthy cause.

bashinda

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 12:31 pm
okay I got it. Okay one question. 10 years ago they were 18 but somehow the Lakewood lady has 8 children most of them over 3 but none of them look like multiples. How did she achieve that nes? [: (just call me obsessed)

It's really great. The only thing I don't like is the stereotypes. Every woman in Lakewood is a Kollel wife and if you're in Boro Park you're going to be steeped in gashmius and you don't have clothes dryers in Israel. Otherwise I'm enjoying it. All these talented ladies and doing this all for an amazing cause as well. I'm glad I got it.

onlyme

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 1:05 pm
I watched it over Chol Hamoed and loved it, especially the stereotypes. That Rivky character had me ROTF, as well as Leah Forster (as usual), the Lakewood ladies and their "yeshivishe shprach", etc. etc. Great entertainment, I highly recommend it!

bashinda

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 1:14 pm
Tweedledee wrote:

and the colorful top? Very cute [:

theotherone

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 9:13 pm
I just bought it! Can't wait to see it again. I was disappointed that the DVD came without credits- I don't know who any of the actresses are (though I seem to remember that at the beginning of the show they went through the credits quickly.)

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 9:16 pm
I loved the cleaning lady!! she was a riot, I was there the first night of the show, she was really funny, they videoed the show the second night, and it wasn't AS good, but funny!

Tova

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 9:56 pm
bashinda wrote:
okay I got it. Okay one question. 10 years ago they were 18 but somehow the Lakewood lady has 8 children most of them over 3 but none of them look like multiples. How did she achieve that nes? [: (just call me obsessed)

It's really great. The only thing I don't like is the stereotypes. Every woman in Lakewood is a Kollel wife and if you're in Boro Park you're going to be steeped in gashmius and you don't have clothes dryers in Israel. Otherwise I'm enjoying it. All these talented ladies and doing this all for an amazing cause as well. I'm glad I got it.

bashinda, I agree with every single point you made!!!

pina colada

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 9:16 am
The story line is great too, especially the part where the lakewood woman inherits the money and you expect her life to change.....

The script is very well written.

yoy

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 7:19 pm
I heard this years is supposed to be way better I actually went to tryouts ..we shall see

bashinda

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 11:59 pm
Really? I wonder if Malky Knopfler is going to be in it. I thought she was hilarious. It was also funny because I had just seen her in the Simchas Beis HaShuavah concert and here I was seeing her again. It's like when you never see somebody and then you keep on seeing them? I'm getting addicted to this cd btw. I put it on when I'm doing work.

Zahava

Post Fri, Oct 23 2009, 11:50 am
Another vote for fabulous kosher entertainment.

It's just super. The stereotypes are so comedically played, it's a panic. Rivky had me laughing all the way through. They all did a superb job.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics