Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Journeys (Zichron Shlome) - Highly Recommend
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

zigi

Post Wed, Nov 11 2009, 6:46 pm
I was thinking of buying it for myself for chanukah is it really good?

Sherri

Post Wed, Dec 16 2009, 8:57 am
I just watched it and really enjoyed it. The stereotypes and plot stuff didn't bother me so much- I just concentrated and enjoyed what I thought it was really about- all the fantastic singing. I love that womens' entertainment is more out there, for women by women. Kol hakavod to all of you on Imamother that were part of it- it was probably a blast!

qtpie

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 1:12 pm
I bought the DVD and it was really good! Few questions: why in the middle before she gets engaged is it videoed in real life and not on stage? How old are the actresses? Yael looked so high school in the high school scene and so much older during the rest (I guess that was the point!) Beauty and the Beast, good job! Anyone else here on it?

Sherri

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 1:13 pm
I couldn't figure out who B&B was??

qtpie

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 1:22 pm
I think the head of cleaning crew, is that true?

Sherri

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 1:23 pm
Ah. I don't know, though, I am the one who asked Wink

tweety99

Post Tue, Dec 22 2009, 2:17 pm
just watched it with a friend on motzei shabbos! its fantastic! really enjoyed it! gr8 job!

Tova

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 6:50 pm
qtpie, glad you enjoyed Wink

But re-read - I don't think Beauty & the Beast said she was the cleaning lady... she was saying she thought the acting was funny and was there (ie - in the audience) the first night.

momstaxi

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 12:09 am
Hi! I'm unfamiliar with the shows, but my daughter will be in it next month. I was wondering if anyone has an opinion about whether or not it is something that a non-frum grandmother would appreciate.
Thanks!

Tova

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 4:18 pm
Yes, definately! Even if she doesn't "chap" everything, being that your daughter is in it she will love it! At the very least there are the dances, music, costumes to appreciate.

momstaxi

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 2:01 pm
Thanks, I hope you're right ( I already bought them tickets). I know the grandmothers would LOVE to watch their granddaughter, I was skeptical about the rest of the show. The storyline, stereotypes, etc.
I guess I'll find out in a few more weeks!

Beauty and the Beast

Post Wed, Dec 30 2009, 9:49 pm
soooo...who's coming this year??? I am gonna make u all guess who I am this year, after u see it. I'm not very proud of my part, but when u are a bz wife and mom and makeup artist and other stuff, u cannot sit at long practices every night, so this part was perfect for me!

pinkcrystal

Post Sat, Jan 09 2010, 10:08 pm
so a couple of my friends are involved this year, they say the show is supposed to be out of this world! its supposedly s little deeper , with a stonger message, but they kept it light and entertaining, the music I heard is fabulous, along with all the dances, and the cast this year is incredible. it s a very interesting mix, and supposedly appropiate for all ages! I called tonight, most tickets aare sold out for motzai shabbos, I think ill be going sunday!

momstaxi

Post Sat, Jan 16 2010, 10:16 pm
I'm missing it! (If you saw an empty seat it was mine!)
Please tell me how it was!

dimples

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 12:48 am
it was amazing!!!!! the actresses were sooo funny, and I loved the dances, they were to MBD songs this year...and the set was unreal, it looked exactly like the ad! if you didn't go yet, I highly recommend it, it really was a fantastic show!

penguin

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 12:57 am
Could somebody explain about the cleaning lady? We saw her in the finale but we couldn't remember seeing her anywhere else!

ESB

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 1:16 am
Twas so amazing. I finally feel happy and aired out. If you can get a ticket for tomorrow grab it. You deserve it.

momstaxi

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 11:28 am
I was unable to attend, but the two grandmothers (one MO, one not frum) went to see my daughter dance.

There were strong feelings about how some of the characters were portrayed, especially in a play about acceptance. (I wasn't told much, so I'm not really sure what I'm talking about)

Any comments? I'd love to have a comment or two to pacify or at least explain another view.

TIA

dimples

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 12:05 pm
honestly, I can see what they are saying, but I can only think of maybe one (or 2?) characters they are referring to. Every character was exaggerated and stereotyped, and it helped bring across the message that way (at least I think so.) And the message was very strong. I also personally think that people need to stop taking themselves so seriously, lighten up, and laugh.

yoy

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 5:53 pm
I went! You think the grandmotehr was insulted by how old ppl were portrayed? I thought the old lasy nursing homes scene was funny! and leah foster as the grandma...hilarious
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics