Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Journeys (Zichron Shlome) - Highly Recommend
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Beauty and the Beast

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 9:48 pm
penguin wrote:
Could somebody explain about the cleaning lady? We saw her in the finale but we couldn't remember seeing her anywhere else!

what do u want to know? she was head of the cleaning crew, all the way in the beginning, of last years play...

pina colada

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 9:57 pm
this years play was great!!! for all those who missed it you should def. get the dvd when it comes out

momstaxi

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 4:57 am
Thanks, Dimples, for the feedback, but if more specific examples could be given it would be helpful (which other characters were exaggerated,etc).
It was mentioned that most of the show was great, just this one aspect was a problem. Perhaps the other character exaggerations weren't noticed, or it's just a sensitivity (she did mention that in the entire audience she was probably the ONLY on).
There are enough hard feelings, I would hate for this to add to it. If I could say something to alleviate or lessen these feelings, it would be wonderful.
TIA

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 8:27 am
momstaxi wrote:
Thanks, Dimples, for the feedback, but if more specific examples could be given it would be helpful (which other characters were exaggerated,etc).
It was mentioned that most of the show was great, just this one aspect was a problem. Perhaps the other character exaggerations weren't noticed, or it's just a sensitivity (she did mention that in the entire audience she was probably the ONLY on).
There are enough hard feelings, I would hate for this to add to it. If I could say something to alleviate or lessen these feelings, it would be wonderful.
TIA

I really don't know if any of the characters were exaggerated per se, it has to be that way in an act, to portray the characters and bring out a point, so why should it bother ppl?? if It doesn't offend, why should it bother?

momstaxi

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 11:49 am
I didn't see the show, and I wasn't told much. But- the feeling I got was that the 1 or 2 non-frum people in the show were portrayed as "ditzy". It was perceived as insensitive.

I suppose it can be compared to a black person mocking blacks and being "funny", yet if a white person does it, it comes across as improper and offensive. Perhaps being the minority(as she was), she was overly sensitive.

Being that I didn't see it, it's hard for me to say. I was hoping that there would be comments made that would offer me the opportunity to help the situation. Still looking for suggestions.

TIA

Sherri

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 11:53 am
Beauty and the Beast wrote:
penguin wrote:
Could somebody explain about the cleaning lady? We saw her in the finale but we couldn't remember seeing her anywhere else!

what do u want to know? she was head of the cleaning crew, all the way in the beginning, of last years play...
She was, was she? LOL

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Jan 19 2010, 3:43 pm
Sherri wrote:
penguin wrote:

She was, was she? LOL

yeps! can u guess what she was this year??

Tweedledee

Post Mon, Jan 25 2010, 8:17 am
bashinda wrote:
Tweedledee wrote:
I was in the cafe dancing choir. the goofy one in the voluminous green skirt

and the colorful top? Very cute [:

yup that was me.they said dres colorful and I always do as im told. I was early on preganat then and I thought I was joining a choir with some motions. I didn't know it was a dance till we were into rehearsals and I ddn't wanna drop out. everyone thught I was nuts. (I told them so they'd go easy on me)

Sherri

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 2:21 pm
Sherri wrote:
penguin wrote:

She was, was she? LOL

yeps! can u guess what she was this year??
Didn't see it this year- is it good? Very Happy

Tweedledee

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 2:41 pm
it was excelent this year. the set especially was amazing detailed

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 3:06 pm
Tweedledee wrote:
it was excelent this year. the set especially was amazing detailed

omg, tweedledee, I was cracking my head on how I knew ur face, I saw ur makeup vids and I was like hmm, I know her face from somewhere.. lol.. now I remember u prancing all over on stage, lololol!!

Tweedledee

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 3:34 pm
lololol. you should see me n lost ad found, malky giniger's new production. I have to speak with an irish accent in one part, in another I'm a tough lady cop, I'm all over with my weirdness.

theotherone

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 6:27 pm
I thought the one from this year was very good, but I have a definite preference for last years. Part of the problem is that while I knew every one of the Journey's songs (there are only so many tapes) I barely knew any of the songs from this year (MBD has made a lot of music over the years!). I also liked the change of scenery last year while this year was really only 1 set. Overall, though, it's highly professional, great entertainment, STUNNING voices, and an absolute pleasure to watch.

Tweedledee

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 6:36 pm
chaya yitty pollack was especially priceless this year. the comedy this year as top notch. I was rolling in the isles laughing.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 6:47 pm
Tweedledee wrote:
lololol. you should see me n lost ad found, malky giniger's new production. I have to speak with an irish accent in one part, in another I'm a tough lady cop, I'm all over with my weirdness.

lol, I was supposed to be in that too, she asked me to join her cast after she watched this years zichron shlomos production.. but I had to turn her down.. too many things goin on..

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 6:48 pm
Tweedledee wrote:
chaya yitty pollack was especially priceless this year. the comedy this year as top notch. I was rolling in the isles laughing.

she is awesome!!!!!

Tweedledee

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 7:03 pm
Tweedledee wrote:

lol, I was supposed to be in that too, she asked me to join her cast after she watched this years zichron shlomos production.. but I had to turn her down.. too many things goin on..

what were you in this years show?

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 10:30 pm
Tweedledee wrote:
Tweedledee wrote:

what were you in this years show?

I pmmed u

theotherone

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 6:37 pm
which one was chaya yitty pollack?

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 7:50 pm
theotherone wrote:
which one was chaya yitty pollack?

the chassidish one with the turban...
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics