Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Rappoport / Ahavat Yisrael in Ramat Beit Shemesh
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 10:36 am
Can anyone tell me more about it?

theotherone

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 4:17 pm
I have a relative who sends there and can share a little bit of info if you want. You can PM me if you are interested.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 4:58 pm
could you send me at anonymousbatkalonymos@gmail.com ? toda!!

theotherone

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 5:04 pm
yes, when I have a few minutes to type it up!

theotherone

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 9:16 pm
I decided to just type it out here. This is what I was told by a current parent of the school:

"Our children go to Ahavat Yisrael School otherwise know as Rappaport(since that was the name of the original principal in the original school in jeru). The school considers themselves Charedi Leumi or Chardal. What does this exactly mean Im not 100% sure. The school is 2 separate schools for boys and girls. The girls are all required to wear knee socks and 3/4 sleeves from grade 1. The boys have some dress code of no shirts with inappropriate pictures and longer shorts in the older grades. Does this mean that the kids and the parents dress that way out of school some yes and some no. They learn all limudei kodesh and secular subjects like math science etc. The school is zioni and discusses yom hazikoron/yom haazmaut."

momaleh

Post Fri, Oct 16 2009, 2:35 am
I know a lot of families that send there. They are mostly quite frum but not chareidi. Most of the women I know let a bit of hair show. Some go there because they could not get into magen avot. I know at least one family that sends girls there but boys to cheder. Very good families. I don't know anything about the academics, but I don't think they are better or worse than anywhere else. Very American, one student I know had only two Israelis in her class. PM me if you have any specific questions.

amother

Post Fri, Oct 16 2009, 11:55 am
Are there some sheytels among the mothers?
Where do the children go for hi school?

Quote:
The school is zioni and discusses yom haazmaut

Discusses in what way? secular or religious? do they all say halel or is it mixed?

amother

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 4:46 pm
momaleh wrote:
I know a lot of families that send there. They are mostly quite frum but not chareidi. Most of the women I know let a bit of hair show. Some go there because they could not get into magen avot. I know at least one family that sends girls there but boys to cheder. Very good families. I don't know anything about the academics, but I don't think they are better or worse than anywhere else. Very American, one student I know had only two Israelis in her class. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Why is magen avot hard to get into?

shabri

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 5:37 am
My nieces and nephews go there. I don't know the answer to all of the questions but I can say that my SIL wears a sheital as do many of her friends (although she will also wear hats or tichels). I know the kids had off on Yom Haatsmaut and they celebrated it,. Not sure where they go to h.s. as my nephews are still young 5th grade and down

slushiemom

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 5:55 am
my sister goes there, and my parents are pretty happy with it, as far as I know! the previous poster who quoted a parent from the school pretty much summed it up, and if you have any further questions feel free to PM me.

ruth

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 6:03 am
what grade is this school?

I need a hs for my dd. If its not hs, could someone please recommend one.

slushiemom

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 6:04 am
it's not a high school, it's through 6th grade, I think (they may have started a 7/8 grade but I'm not sure) if you're looking for a HS, what type? does it have to be in Bet Shemesh?

ruth

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 8:07 am
no, I want a school that is "olah friendly"

I prefer one with pnima (dorm), chardal, prep's for bagrut

I contacted Amana. I will try again, because they fill up fast.

hila

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 8:16 am
You can try Neve Chana (in Alon Shvut) and its new sister school Moriah.

Also Ulpanat KiryatArba

All have plenty of Olim Girls.

momaleh

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 8:37 am
Magen avot is only hard to get into if you don't fit their type. The girls school considers themselves a bais yaakov.

slushiemom

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 8:51 am
Chorev in J-lem is supposed to be a great school, the girls I know who go there are nice girls from good families. It has a nice amount of americans, they are oleh friendly, but the school overall is for the more academic students.

RachelB

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 6:31 pm
I send to Ahavat Israel banim. They do have a highschool now, but it's not in RBSA (boys highschool)
They describe the school as "Chardal" - Charedi Dati Leumi

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 4:58 am
Does the school make requirements of the mothers mode of dress? Like, is it acceptable for the mothers who send there to not wear stockings, show bare legs and wear sandals? Or will those mothers stand out? Are there any families who send there where the girls take off socks after school?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 5:01 am
Im the above poster (forest green)- also, what type of families send to the girls school? What kippas to the fathers wear, do they watch movies. Were considering aliyah. How does this school differ from Orot?

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 5:25 am
Mothers totally do not wear socks, although some might when.coming to school, out of respect. I would venture to say all the girls take off their socks when not in school. Fathers wear all kinds of kippot. Movies, definitely, although most families probably are somewhat selective as to which movies.

How it differs from Orot? It's much more American, culturally, and you hear lots more English in the halls. Orot has more families that are borderline mesorati, or Modern Orthodox. At Orot the kids are more exposed to families with different standards, and also more to Israeli culture. And hebrew. I'd venture to say at Orot there is more exposure to pop culture, in general, but that really depends on the class, and isn't always the case.

But both schools have families that are more frum and families that are less frum. Curricula are very similar, though ay puts slightly more emphasis on English.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions