Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Rappoport / Ahavat Yisrael in Ramat Beit Shemesh
Previous  1  2

essie14

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 10:46 am
amother wrote:
Does the school make requirements of the mothers mode of dress? Like, is it acceptable for the mothers who send there to not wear stockings, show bare legs and wear sandals? Or will those mothers stand out? Are there any families who send there where the girls take off socks after school?

You resurrected a thread from 2009?

We send our kids there. There's no requirement at all on the dress of the mothers. We all show up to school functions in bare legs and many not covering elbows and literally every kind of hair covering, some not covering at all.

The HS girls have a fairly lenient dress code. My daughter never wears socks outside of school.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 2:59 am
OP here. Yes I figured why start a new thread when there is one already LOL
Thanks for the info! Didnt know it was also a high school, I thought it was only elementary

essie14

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 4:27 am
amother wrote:
OP here. Yes I figured why start a new thread when there is one already LOL
Thanks for the info! Didnt know it was also a high school, I thought it was only elementary

The yesodi ends in 6th grade but they also have 7-12th in a diff building. Girls can stay on or move to different high schools.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 3:29 am
OP here. Thank you all for your replies. What time does school let out in the first grade? Is there an option to buy hot lunch?

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 3:34 am
3:15, with an option to continue until 4. Hot lunch is available at subsidized rates. You can sign up for the whole year, or maybe on a monthly or quarterly basis (not daily).

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 3:39 am
School goes until -
Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday until 3:15. Tzaharon for first grade goes until about 4:00.
Tuesday until 12:45. Tzaharon until 4:00.
Friday until 11:40.

There is a hot lunch option.
Regarding dress code - I am surprised by the answers. I don't ever recall seeing an uncovered head at parent meetings. So if there are, it is very few. Some may have bare legs or uncovered elbows in the school but definitely not most.
I agree that outside of school many to most have bare legs. There may be a distinction between the RBS girls/Moms and the BS girls/Moms regarding clothes out of school.

In the HS, the dress code is cover elbow, collar bone and cover knee. Some may have skirts that show knee when bending over or jumping.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 3:48 am
I agree with slategray regarding mothers' clothing.

I think the only uncovered heads I have seen are divorced mothers.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 4:29 am
OP here. Is there a uniform? Is there a value amongst the girls of brand name clothing/shoes? I really hope not.... do the girls learn kodesh or chol in the morning hours?

essie14

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 4:47 am
amother wrote:
OP here. Is there a uniform? Is there a value amongst the girls of brand name clothing/shoes? I really hope not.... do the girls learn kodesh or chol in the morning hours?

1-6 grade there is a uniform of a shirt with school seal- you buy the t-shirt (any kind you want) and have the seal put on. For the boys it has to be a polo shirt.
7-12 - no uniform

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 4:50 am
The elementary school girls must wear a blue or pink shirt bought from one of several stores with a AY logo ironed on. The store will iron on the logo for free with a purchase of these shirts.
The girls do not put a special value on brand name clothes from what I can see. There may be an occasional girl wearing a special item of clothes, but that is where it ends.
I honestly cannot tell you if kodesh classes are in the AM and chol in the PM. I cannot find my kids' schedules right now.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 5:05 am
They don't divide kodesh and chol by time of day. All the classes are interspersed, however it fits into the teachers' schedules.

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 2:50 pm
Can anyone please tell me about this school? I'm considering it for my daughter.
What are the girls like?
What megamot do they have? Is it very academic?
Thank you!!!

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 3:04 pm
You're asking about the ulpana (girls' high school), I assume, if you're asking about megamot.

My daughter graduated already a few years ago, but when she was there I found the girls to be generally wholesome girls with good middot and good values.

The megamot are pretty basic, it's a small school. I think they change it from year to year, but they offer 2 or 3 - usually at least one for more brainy kids, and at least one for the less academically inclined.

It's not a very academic school, but it is what you make of it. A girl who wants to do a higher bagrut definitely can (5-point math etc).

In general I found the school to be caring and nurturing. They put a lot of emphasis on the girls' self-development.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 3:19 pm
amother Pansy wrote:
Can anyone please tell me about this school? I'm considering it for my daughter.
What are the girls like?
What megamot do they have? Is it very academic?
Thank you!!!

My girls love it. My girls are really frum, good girls. The school has a range of more modern to more machmir girls.

It's as academic as your child wants it to be. It depends if they are in 3,4, or 5 points classes. One of my daughters took eretz for a migamah. Another took biology. They don't offer every migamah every year. It depends on interest. Pretty sure they also offer a computer migamah as well.

amother
Crystal

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 1:26 pm
Resurrecting this thread again haha
Can anyone speak to how the school handles bullying, in the elementary school in particular?
I am considering moving my daughter from her current school to a special ed class at AY, but bullying is a major concern.
We also do not really watch movies/ pop culture/ allow social media, only very gentle and appropriate entertainment and very limited screen time. Will she feel totally out of place?
Bonus if anyone can speak to how professionally the special ed track is run, which services they have for example, or can let me contact them privately.

juggling

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 1:32 pm
BH I don't have experience with bullying, so I can't address that concern.

As far as how modern the population is, the special Ed classes serve a broader cross-section of the community. I don't know about any one class specifically, but that's generally the case with the special Ed classes. You may want to visit the class, speak to the teacher and maybe even some of the other parents, to get a feel.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions