Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I miss E"Y terribly!
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Fri, Dec 25 2009, 3:52 pm
a yiddishe mamme wrote:
I was only talking to OP and PINKFRIDGE and I dont feel a need to defend myself to anyone especially to LIFESGREAT-if shes the one that wrote about willi. or satmar. let the pot cool down! I think we all need Moshiach which will unite us all and you tell me where that will be.

OP here.

Your english doesnt seem up to par with the average poster on here (not to mention the average high school graduate I encounter in the day to day world outside of computerland), plus you seem to totally not understand the concept of having any sort ofpull or love or yearning for E"Y. I put 2+2 together, and assumed,
A: your first language is probably yiddish just from your writing style, and
B: you have probably never even been to E"Y, and based on your complete disdain and your posts of mockery, you must belong to a group that opposes the country altogether.

I dont think I am the only one who finds your posts out of line on here. I started a thread looking for inspiration and empathy,and you come and say "how dumb is all of this, how could these people be yearning for...a stupid piece of land! I mean, I dont want to say lashon harah or anything...but cmon! the people there are so nosy!"

so I will remind you once again אתם בכיתם בכיה של חנם אני אקבע לכם בכיה לדורות.

It is sadly irnoic that you post about wanting moshiach and a geula, but the very "sin" you are commiting on here, speaking L"H on E"Y, is the same one that gave us TISHA B"AV and brough the destruction of not one but TWO batei mikdashos to begin with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you have nothing nice to say, please, dont say it at all. it doesnt seem like anyone is really interested in your cynicism and vitriolic comments.

or, if you have nothing nice to say in this thread, please start your own. you can title it, "who else thinks ahavas eretz yisroel is just plain funny?"

PS a yiddishe mama, I also have to wonder: if you belong to the type of group that some of us posers on this thread think you do, with all due respect, what in heavens name, are you even doing on the internet to begin with? isnt internet banned in your community? so why are you telling us our yearning to be in a land where we can fulfill more mitzvos is "funny," while you sit and do what those who you consider your rabbonim and gedolim, consider a grave aveira??

you dont have to be a flaming zionist to want to return to eretz yisroel. nor do you have to be "modern orthodox." I am sorry you don't feel what I feel in my heart, there are lots of other posters who don't either. but they certainlydont feel the need to knock down the tremendous gift Hakadosh Boruch Hu gave us and make it into something not so special and something funny! your posts are so shocking.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Dec 26 2009, 3:09 pm
fmt4 wrote:
a yiddishe mamme wrote:
I'm not trying to attack you, I just think you people are so funny

Who exactly are you referring to by "you people?" People who love Eretz Yisroel? Because most of the people posting are NOT Israelis...So you find it funny that people love Israel...Okay then.
when you say israeli, what do you mean? living in israel, because quite a few of the people who relpied, including myself, live in israel and LOOOOOOOOOVE eretz yisrael.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Dec 26 2009, 3:12 pm
amother wrote:
We lived in EY for 5 years after our marriage, there were things we loved and things we didn't love so much. Now that I am back living in NY, I can't say I miss it terribly.

One thing I am surprised about is how little empathy there is for the family left behind. I can't imagine the pain of my parents not being able to have the nachas of watching my kids grow up. My kids are so close to their grandparents... I can't see how I can ever deprive them of that.
there is a looooooooooooooot of empathy for the family left behind, but each person has to do what they feel is right for their lives.
some families are very very supportive of family moving to eretz yisrael and others are not. I BH have family that is so supportive that I could not ask for anything better. they even say that they are living the aliyah dream vicariously through me Smile
and yes, I am sure that they sabas and saftas are a bit sad that are not with their families, but as I said, each person and each family has to make their life theirs.
and think about it, there are all sorts of reasons why a family would not live near their parents or whatnot, so aliyah is not the only reason why someone would live far from their family.

fmt4

Post Sat, Dec 26 2009, 6:15 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
fmt4 wrote:
a yiddishe mamme wrote:
I'm not trying to attack you, I just think you people are so funny

Who exactly are you referring to by "you people?" People who love Eretz Yisroel? Because most of the people posting are NOT Israelis...So you find it funny that people love Israel...Okay then.
when you say israeli, what do you mean? living in israel, because quite a few of the people who relpied, including myself, live in israel and LOOOOOOOOOVE eretz yisrael.

I meant "real" Israelis, the kind that she was referring to in her OP about how they are rude.

Metukah

Post Tue, Dec 29 2009, 7:04 am
a yiddishe mamme wrote:
I was only talking to OP and PINKFRIDGE and I dont feel a need to defend myself to anyone especially to LIFESGREAT-if shes the one that wrote about willi. or satmar. let the pot cool down! I think we all need Moshiach which will unite us all and you tell me where that will be.

In NY?
You don't seem to like EY, are you sure you want to be taken there?

What you wrote was not just LH, but Motzi Shem Ra. I do feel bad for ppl who can't appreciate the privelige of living in EY.

It's one thing to say what you did about EY and it's another to comment it on a thread where people who love Israel were discussing it. May I say it was totally off point?
What were you trying to do? convince OP she's not missing out?

looking at your previous posts on other threads, I'm thinking you're a rude troll. Forgive me if I'm way off. Otherwise you just have to learn basic social interaction skills.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics