Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Help me figure out a plan

amother

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 2:13 pm
I've accumulated at least 30 extra lbs after a couple of kids, and really want to lose the weight. I know it must be done thru healthy eating and exercise, and we generally eat healthy in our house. Whole grains, lean proteins, no trans fats... I feel like I need some motivation to get me started. I'm on the minipill and feel like it's an uphill battle to lose anything.
I've gotten rid of the treats- you know, chocolate embarrassed Has anyone tried doing a small crash diet- and describe it please- before beginning a long-term effort. What do you suggest from experience?
Thanks and I can't wait to hear your answers!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 2:17 pm
I suggest you check out this site for info that's already posted. I also suggest you go on Sparkpeple.com

Did your dr give the OK for exercise ?

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 2:22 pm
I did the cabbage soup die once before I continued on with WW. as a one time thing its perfectly healhy but dont do it once a month...I lost 9 pounds that week.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 2:25 pm
I think something like weight watchers is the best way to lose weight. Fad diets are not a good long-term solution.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 1:10 am
ClaRivka wrote:
I did the cabbage soup die once before I continued on with WW. as a one time thing its perfectly healhy but dont do it once a month...I lost 9 pounds that week.

What's the cabbage soup diet? and did you keep those nine pounds off?

Yocheved84

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 10:54 pm
I adooooore Weight Watchers Online. You type in every food, and they have point values for nearly everything!! They even have the point value of Kugel!! That made me SUPER HAPPY. On Friday afternoon, type in all the food you will eat on Saturday and stick to it. When you lose five pounds, there is animation of stars and "Wow!" It's very motivating and very easy to do. I've had weight problems my whole life and I've now lost 30 pounds (I have 90 to lose total). Totally consider the online stuff. Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise