Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Abnormally long time waiting at pediatrician's oofice!

amother

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 4:32 pm
Is it only my doctor, or is this common the world over?

I went to the doc today for physicals, shots and a culture. Only one nurse was giving shots, and some 15 mothers were holding restless babies and waiting....

Why are pediatricians offices so not efficient?

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 5:11 pm
There's true inefficiency, and there's overload. When I've been squeezed in fairly quickly with something pressing it's given me perspective come the well visit wait. (Not sure if I would have spoken so philosophically when the kids were little, and closer together, gotta admit.)

Raisin

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 5:36 pm
maybe one of the docs or nurses were out sick?

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Oct 14 2009, 5:53 pm
You will always find mothers who will start a conversation with the doctor for every runny nose and milestone their child achieved. The doctors mostly give them a sympathetic listening ear and that take sup valuable time for people who simply want a throat culture, well visit, vaccines. It's life. When dealing with humans (life) you cannot predict a schedule. It will never work like an assembly line.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 11:00 am
if it goes on for a long time, find another dr. I have.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 11:07 am
I have a dr. who generally has a very well run office, and have only had 1 time that lasted longer. It is out there.

(This is in 2 years, with plenty of visits since my kids are bli ayin hara, 2 and 4 yo.)

I think the one LONG visit was because there were a LOT of physicals for back to school.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 15 2009, 11:15 am
I totally respect the waiting time for the doctor, I mean I also have on many occasions kept him/her up in the room...

I'm referring to the lack of efficiency in the office as a whole. One nurse does shots, and one nurse does cultures or blood work. That for an office where it is standard to have 30+ patients waiting at once to see one of two doctors....

Changing ped isn't really an option, since this is the most qualified doctor in a 20 mile radius. I
m wondering if the office isn't taking advantage knowing how everyone relies on them.

estibesty

Post Mon, Oct 19 2009, 6:05 pm
well if its in LKWD and its was the main office here that ppl use think about switching I did and I am thrilled abot the care efficiency and quickness of my new pediatric I chose
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics