Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
What to give to Hatzolah member/friend and how?

abismommy

Post Fri, Oct 16 2009, 11:13 am
Without going into too much detail, I had a terrifying experience this week which BH ended in the hospital safely, thanks to 2 hatzolah members, one of whom happens to be a family friend and the other one is a work-mate. I was completely exposed, for reasons beyond my control. I've come to terms with being seen like that and I know it was hatzolah, and that's what they're supposed to do, blah, blah, blah and I'm OK with it.
But what do I do personally for the 2 men who were there when I needed it most? What do people do in these situations? Do they just send a donation to Hatzolah in their honor? A gift to the people involved? I know the volunteers are just that - volunteer - and don't get paid, but I feel SO indebted and am not sure what's appropriate. I guess it's complicated a little bit by the fact that I live in a small neighborhood and everybody knows everybody else, but I don't want to do the wrong thing.
Any advice?

(and btw if you know what incident I'm talking about, PLEASE don't chime in with comments..thanks!)

Flowerpot

Post Fri, Oct 16 2009, 11:52 am
I think a nice donation to Hatzalah and a nice poem Thanking Hatzalah and maybe frame it. Would be very appreciated esp. since your from a small neighborhood and I'm sure they can use the money.

louche

Post Fri, Oct 16 2009, 11:54 am
I would put an ad in their honor in the journal of a tzedaka that they're associated with.

abismommy

Post Fri, Oct 16 2009, 12:09 pm
Both good ideas. I think I'll do the 1st for SURE and the 2nd - there's a dinner coming up for one of the shuls and 1 of them is a member there. Thanks!

hello

Post Fri, Oct 16 2009, 12:11 pm
U don't want something personal for the 2 people that helped u?

abismommy

Post Fri, Oct 16 2009, 12:16 pm
I don't know...my husband and I were talking about it but not sure what to do. We thanked the 2 of them profusely when it was all over but I still think we might do a personal thing in adition to the general one to hatzolah.

hello

Post Fri, Oct 16 2009, 12:49 pm
abismommy wrote:
I don't know...my husband and I were talking about it but not sure what to do. We thanked the 2 of them profusely when it was all over but I still think we might do a personal thing in adition to the general one to hatzolah.
that would be nice! (I think your feelings should be directed to the one above, as well)!

boruchhashem

Post Fri, Oct 16 2009, 1:55 pm
Send flowers with a nice note for shabbos. My dh friends have also gotten kigel, cake, we have gotten silver bechers. Anything as long as its accompanied by a nice appreciation note, will show that their volunteering is appreciated. (And it goes a long way...)

HealthCoach

Post Fri, Oct 16 2009, 2:36 pm
You can donate money to hatzalah because of them. If you want to do something personal then flowers/nuts or candy/wine are nice with a nice card. If you want to give them a brachah in the card, I can tell you that it was the best gift my dh got and we saved the card.

abismommy

Post Sat, Oct 17 2009, 11:39 pm
hello wrote:
abismommy wrote:
that would be nice! (I think your feelings should be directed to the one above, as well)!

ftr, that was done already, many times over & still today. thanks all!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics