Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Laughter Therapy Instructor Course offered in Brooklyn?
1  2  Next

Mevater

Post Sat, Oct 17 2009, 8:01 pm
Anyone know anything about it?

With Reb Aidel Miller and Zipi Dagan.- they're offering a course to those who might want to become Laughter Therapy Instructors.

Anyone know if there's value in it?

greenfire

Post Sat, Oct 17 2009, 8:14 pm
come over here - I'll make you laugh Nervous Rolling Laughter how much shall I charge Idea

Flowerpot

Post Sat, Oct 17 2009, 8:18 pm
Or come eat a shabbos meal with my brothers, you'll go home with wet pants.

ShakleeMom

Post Sat, Oct 17 2009, 9:03 pm
Is there a fee?

bubby

Post Sat, Oct 17 2009, 9:06 pm
Someone in Crown Heights does something similar, I just can't remember who. I was at a birthday party when she talked about it. I don't think it's exactly the same thing, but I thought it was strange Confused

ShakleeMom

Post Sat, Oct 17 2009, 9:10 pm
Note: I believe it's not about becoming a comedian... I think it's about therapeutic laughter in a professional and systematic way, intended for healing. If so, I'm very interested!

bubby

Post Sat, Oct 17 2009, 9:15 pm
I'm curious...unless someone finds something funny, how does this work? You can't fake laughter. It takes a sense of humor.

Rolling Laughter Ho Ho Ho

ShakleeMom

Post Sat, Oct 17 2009, 9:17 pm
bubby wrote:
I'm curious...unless someone finds something funny, how does this work? You can't fake laughter. It takes a sense of humor.

Rolling Laughter Ho Ho Ho

I've watched the youtube clip of the waffle bride and everybody posted that they found her laughter infectious.

bubby

Post Sat, Oct 17 2009, 9:20 pm
Waffle bride? I'm bored, post a link, & I'll be the Official Laughter Tester. If it works on me, anything will work on anybody.

ShakleeMom

Post Sat, Oct 17 2009, 9:22 pm
bubby wrote:
Waffle bride? I'm bored, post a link, & I'll be the Official Laughter Tester. If it works on me, anything will work on anybody.

Can't find the original one, but here's part of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clw7SAJs_6w

bashinda

Post Sat, Oct 17 2009, 9:25 pm
bubby: Was her name Alona by any chance?

bubby

Post Sat, Oct 17 2009, 9:31 pm
bashinda wrote:

I really don't remember, but I'll phone the birthday girl & ask Wink Stay tuned! But first I'm going to watch Shaklee's clip.

Mevater

Post Sat, Oct 17 2009, 9:49 pm
ShakleeMom wrote:
Note: I believe it's not about becoming a comedian... I think it's about therapeutic laughter in a professional and systematic way, intended for healing. If so, I'm very interested!
Check this week's Torah Times (orange cover) - page 25

bubby

Post Sat, Oct 17 2009, 9:55 pm
bashinda wrote:

That was another one...I heard her speak at Henya's shiur once, and I saw her in the street the following week. She is some kind of laughter therapist. I will say no more. The Birthday Girl says it was Chana Schonburg, but her idea was setting up a sort of ladies only comedy evening/session/club where women could let their sheitels down. I don't know if it ever took off.

The clip...I thought it was mildly (very mildly) amusing. And silly. Sorry, as Queen Vic said "We are not amused." Now give me old clips of Les Dawson, The Two Ronnies & Fawlty Towers...THAT"S funny!

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Oct 17 2009, 9:58 pm
I've been to one with Esther Russel. It was fun but pricey. I can't imagine I'd give up my day job for that...

Tefila

Post Sat, Oct 17 2009, 10:01 pm
greenfire wrote:
come over here - I'll make you laugh Nervous Rolling Laughter how much shall I charge Idea

Ditto I cannot believe there is a course on this.... Whatever next...... I guess people need to earn a living

bubby

Post Sat, Oct 17 2009, 10:09 pm
I hear on Joan Hamburg the other day that successful entrepreneurs have an "ah ha" moment. This sounds like an "Oy Gevalt" one.

People PAY for this stuff? Rolling Eyes shock I'm in the wrong job.

Mevater

Post Sat, Oct 17 2009, 11:06 pm
They had a gathering at 9 PM in Sara Schnierer on 14th avenue . If anyone was there or spoke to anyone who was there, I'd like to hear what it was all about.

Butterfly

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 1:31 am
Mevater wrote:
They had a gathering at 9 PM in Sara Schnierer on 14th avenue . If anyone was there or spoke to anyone who was there, I'd like to hear what it was all about.

me too..

I was gonna go, but as I was about to leave, I got some surprise visitors.. my grandchildren.. so I stayed home and enjoyed 'laughing' with them. LOL

Mevater

Post Sun, Oct 18 2009, 8:12 pm
Looks like the ad served as a conversation piece, more than it attracted people to the program.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

There's another one in Flatbush tonight. Is anyone planning on going? If yes, please report about it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries