Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
I want to keep his sippy cup inside, but he refuses

tzatza

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 11:03 am
Here is the deal:
My adorable monster (almost 3) got a new shtick: he wakes up up to 4 times a night, gets out of crib, comes to me and starts pleading for a sippy cup. I drag myself out of bed, make a cup (very diluted apple juice), bring it to him, but he wants me to stay next to the crib while he is drinking it. Last night, when I was putting him to bed, I tried explaning that I won't be doing it anymore, so, I left him drinking the cup and closed the door. He started SCREECHING for me to come back, which I had to do, because he was waking up other kids. It drives me nuts, because as soon as I hit the pillow and fall sleep...there he is standing next to my bed, which , of course, also affects the quality of his sleep.
Anyone had similar situation? I have no idea how to cut it off. It's been going on for almost a week already and I've been having headaches because of such sleep pattern Sad

tzatza

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 11:05 am
oh, forgot to add that I tried leaving the sippy cup in the crib so that he could just take sips w/out climbing out, but he wants me to take it out after he is done drinking.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics