Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Frum model
1  2  3  Next

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 11:03 am
Have you been a frum model? I don't mean paid and all, maybe just a free item or not even.

If yes, for what?
make up?
shabbes make up?
tznius clothes?
jewelry?
sheitels?

I'm curious, all the frum ladies I see on the ads must be somewhere around!

Chloe

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 11:50 am
I was for a custom gown place as a girl but wasn't in pictures or advertisements. Just was her model.

mimishkl

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 12:01 pm
I was once in a resteraunt when a artist came up to me and asked if he can take a picture of me.

Last edited by mimishkl on Tue, Oct 20 2009, 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Atali

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 12:03 pm
mimishkl wrote:
I was once in a resteraunt when a artist came up to me and asked if he can take a picture of me. he told me he never saw sucha pretty jew. anyway a friend once went online and saw a pic of me on epes a site.

Why on earth would you agree to that?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 12:11 pm
I heard that many of the sheitel models are girls, not married ladies. (And I wonder how many of those are frum?)

Isramom8

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 12:16 pm
I know a frum girl who was asked to model clothes at "fashion shows" (the idea was sales) at frum hotels on Pesach, but she said no.

I know a woman who used to model shoes. She wasn't frum at that time, but I could imagine a frum woman doing this.

hello

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 12:18 pm
I have a friend, shes frum but bummy... (u know what I mean) shes modeling for goyisha magazines... what can she do she needs the money lol!

fiddle

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 12:22 pm
hello wrote:
I have a friend, shes frum but bummy... (u know what I mean) shes modeling for goyisha magazines... what can she do she needs the money lol!

hey she should stand on the corner of 42nd street, hey it makes more money. Smile

thats a little pathetic as an excuse though. she obviously wants to model. she could clean houses and make money all the same..no?

hello

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 12:23 pm
she claims this offers way more than anything else... besides she thinks shes s-xy & this proves it!!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 12:34 pm
This is so not in line with behavior I was brought up with Sad

kitov

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 1:12 pm
When I once stayed in Ame Veyeld, a man walked in with a whole crew and cameras, asking us if he can use our newborns in the nursery for models for a film he's shooting...We were like, huh, what? When he says, it's for fund raising for Bonei Oilem.

We all agreed whole heartedly, of course, though I never got to see it!

hello

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 1:19 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
This is so not in line with behavior I was brought up with Sad

Neither was I & my friend!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 2:41 pm
Yes, I have, but don't really want to discuss it. Thanks for asking though.

momaleh

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 2:42 pm
A makeup artist asked if she could do me up for her portfolio. I guess I got a free makeover Smile
I was also asked to model for a "fashion show" in first grade - this was bais yaakov, I don't know what things were like back then, I can't believe they would do that now.

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 2:53 pm

Last edited by Lady Godiva on Thu, Oct 22 2009, 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

chocolatemilk

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 2:58 pm
my parents sells hats and sheitels and they always beg me to model for them.
I've done it a few times and so have some of my friends.

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 9:37 pm
I'm in the entertainment industry but NOT a model.
Nope.
NOT at all.

bandcm

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 9:52 pm
When I was about eight I was a model for a frum fashion show that was done at a tzedaka event.
NOT that I was that beautiful, just the producer was our cousin and borrowed me and my little sister.

Tova

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 9:52 pm
I was a "model" for one of the Dov Dov books that Esky Cook illustrated (she takes photographs and uses it to draw from). Not one of the main characters but a side one but my picture is pretty big and prominent on one of the pages and REALLY looks like me. I was in 4th grade and SO proud! Did not make a cent on it but we may have gotten the book free. [We live in the same city as her.]

That aside, I would never agree to such a thing, for myself or my kids. I really think that the woman in sheital ads are stock photos or non-frum women even if they end up LOOKING frum in the ad.

I once brought my son to work with me when he was a baby (I work for a large financial services firm) and one of the partners told me that he looks exactly like the baby in the E-TRADE TV ads and I should really apply for him to be in them.....that way I could send him to college for free!

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 6:56 am
For inquiring a bit into it, my sheitelmacher friends told me many times the women in their ads are customers with their sheitels, or frum girls and women who want to be "model for a day".
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics