Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Egg pot
Previous  1  2

Post Mon, May 01 2006, 5:11 pm
I just asked my rav about boiling 3 eggs together, he said that now-a-days that is no longer neccessary (ie. you could boil one egg at a time- if you want Rolling Eyes).
also, fish and meat together is not TREIF (as far as I've ever heard). so I would not think that there's a prob. putting putting hot fish on a ben yomo fleishig plate (but hey, I'm no LOR).

shalhevet

Post Mon, May 01 2006, 5:57 pm
We were told by a rav that it's preferable to keep a separate pot for eggs. I think it's because if you find out afterwards that the egg(s) had blood spots.

ektsm

Post Mon, May 01 2006, 6:02 pm
sounds way strict

happy

Post Mon, May 01 2006, 9:04 pm
Quote:
We were told by a rav that it's preferable to keep a separate pot for eggs. I think it's because if you find out afterwards that the egg(s) had blood spots.

I don't think its possible to see a blood spot in a boiled egg.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, May 01 2006, 9:51 pm
you can boil an odd number of eggs which mevatels it. I had just assumed everyone did that.

mummy-bh

Post Tue, May 02 2006, 6:02 pm
happy wrote:
I don't think its possible to see a blood spot in a boiled egg.

You have to open the egg. If there is a blood spot, it would be between the yolk and the white.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen