Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Somebody to put new plastics on dining room chairs

CuteGirl613

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 7:07 pm
Some of the plastics on my dining room chairs are starting to tear. I will like to change them. Do you know somebody that does it in Brooklyn and reasonable? Thank you!

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 7:10 pm
I don't know anyone, but it's fairly easy to do yourself. all you need is the plastic (by it by the yard at a hardware store. not all sell it, but it's fairly easy to get in brooklyn) and a staple gun. remove the seat from the chair, cover with the plastic, staple on the bottom of the seat. I'm sure it's cheaper to invest in a staple gun if you don't have one already, you can do this over and over for years to come.

simba

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 1:04 am
Don't know personally. Everything But the Baby in Crown Heights has a guy who does it for their customers. If you call them they might give you his number 718-778-5962.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 11:04 am
mummiedearest wrote:
I don't know anyone, but it's fairly easy to do yourself. all you need is the plastic (by it by the yard at a hardware store. not all sell it, but it's fairly easy to get in brooklyn) and a staple gun. remove the seat from the chair, cover with the plastic, staple on the bottom of the seat. I'm sure it's cheaper to invest in a staple gun if you don't have one already, you can do this over and over for years to come.

I told dh and he wants to try it! thanks !

greenfire

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 11:09 am
make sure to choose good quality plastic ...

you can also have the chairs sprayed with scotch guard ...

sky

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 11:50 am
mummiedearest wrote:

Unfortanetly the new chairs aren't made in a way were you can do it yourself. the fabric and plastic are glued to the wood frame and you can't just lift the cushion off.

greenfire

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 12:14 pm
windsor interiors (718) 972-7468

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 12:34 pm
sky wrote:
mummiedearest wrote:

Unfortanetly the new chairs aren't made in a way were you can do it yourself. the fabric and plastic are glued to the wood frame and you can't just lift the cushion off.

well, it works for some, anyway. if it works for op, she just saved a bunch of money.

Luvinglife

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 1:33 pm
if you can remove your chair cushions by unscrewing them from the bottom, you can certainly try it yourself (my dh does my mil's chairs, every pesach)

but if your chairs are fairly new, chances are that the upholstery is applied to the wood frame directly.
the only way to change the plastic is to remove the piping or gimp edging, staple the plastic to the wood frame, and the glue-gun the gimp or piping onto the plastic.
I would not recomend you do it on your own.... (I work for a furniture company...)

I would recommend Jack G. reupholstery. his phone number is 718-633-3900. he does a professional charge and charges a reasonable rate

sys

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 2:03 pm
mikes dinnetes in bp on 13th
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries