Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Q train to Ave M

YALT

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 1:05 pm
Has anyone here recently taken the Q train to Ave M?
I need to go there but according to MTA's site the train towards Coney doesn't stop there due to construction. But the other side (towards Manhattan) does.
Is this accurate?
If I need to get to East 9th & Ave M what would be the best way (from Crown Heights)?
Thanks.

fleetwood

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 1:15 pm
You can take the Q till Kings Highway then take Manhattan Bound B to get to M. I'm not sure how you catch a q from Crown Heights though.

Twizzlers

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 1:19 pm
yes. it does stop by M the other way. You can take it one extra stop and then get on the train in the opposite direction for one stop. Annoying like anything, my sis has to do it every day to get home from school!

greenfire

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 1:20 pm
take the 2 or 3 local to atlantic and change for the Q which used to be the M ...

YALT

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 1:42 pm
I knew to go to atlantic to get Q. I just wondered if my plans would work, or if there's an easier way to get there.
Twizzlers, the station at Kings Hwy - do they have a ton of steps like I think they do? Do they have an elevator?
Can u ask your sister to look out for one tomorrow since she prob. normally just takes the steps?
I have an appointment with DD in 2 weeks, and I'm trying to figure out in advance how to do it (how much time, which stroller,...)

greenfire

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 1:49 pm
sure you can take a bus or a taxi ...

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 2:17 pm
it's like 3 busses. alternatively you can take the bp shuttle and a bus to flatbush

manhattanmom

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 2:18 pm
YALT wrote:
I knew to go to atlantic to get Q. I just wondered if my plans would work, or if there's an easier way to get there.
Twizzlers, the station at Kings Hwy - do they have a ton of steps like I think they do? Do they have an elevator?
Can u ask your sister to look out for one tomorrow since she prob. normally just takes the steps?
I have an appointment with DD in 2 weeks, and I'm trying to figure out in advance how to do it (how much time, which stroller,...)

There's no elevator at the Kings Highway station--so it will be kind of annoying to go down all the steps and then up again to switch to the other direction. There's no escalator either.

In case you're interested--on the mta's website you can find a list of stations that are wheelchair accessible (meaning elevators.)

manhattanmom

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 2:21 pm
Also--the Kings Highway station is not so far from the Ave. M stop. You may just want to walk from Kings Highway or Ave. J (the stop before Ave. M)
And you can take the B (express) to Kings Highway.

Yocheved84

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 3:51 pm
Always helpful is Hop Stop You put in where you are coming from, where you are going and they give directions taking into account construction. And if you put down "handicap" route you can see which stations have elevators. (Personally, I think they should have a "stroller" button *and* a "handicap" button.) 8) The site is very helpful!! http://www.hopstop.com/?action=dir_home Good travels!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 3:57 pm
yes, hopstop is excellent !!!

Twizzlers

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 3:58 pm
no elevator, and plenty of steps.
if you want to walk 3 blocks, get off by J and walk down to M.
or you can get off on J (and e. 16) walk to coney (11) and get a coney bus down to M
or, you can tell me what time you are coming in, maybe I can give you a ride.

YALT

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 6:07 pm
OK. I'll check out the hopstop. But unless they come up with something better, I think I'm getting off at J & walking.
Thanks Twizzlers. I won't bother you to get out just to drive me a few blocks. Although I do need some pants for Yudi. Where do you live again?

YALT

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 6:31 pm
HOPSTOP is so cool! Thanks so much!
I can take the B44 from 2 blocks away. Then I switch to B9, and it drops me off on the corner of the Dr's office.
Best part is it takes less time than the subway & without all those steps!
Small stroller it is!

mpk

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 3:18 pm
You don't have to use steps to switch between the platforms. Due to the construction, trains in both directions are using the Manhattan bound platform. The Brooklyn bound trains are on the express track.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries