Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Organizing photo albums

alwaysquestions

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 1:44 pm
how would u organize ur photos in ur photo albums? would u make ur couple vacations in seperate album or put it together with the album of ur kids?

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 1:47 pm
I don't do photo albums. I make photobooks online and save them in my account till there's a sale. they fit on the shelf better than albums. I tend to take a lot of pics on vacations, so there's easily enough for a separate book for every vacation.

mother2b

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 1:50 pm
I put my pics in albulms in order of events.. no matter what it is..

louche

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 2:01 pm
mother2b wrote:

Me, too...that gives us a chronological record of our lives.

BennysMommy

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 3:14 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
I don't do photo albums. I make photobooks online and save them in my account till there's a sale. they fit on the shelf better than albums. I tend to take a lot of pics on vacations, so there's easily enough for a separate book for every vacation.

what site do u use? and whats a good price for them when they go on sale?

onlyme

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 3:24 pm
louche wrote:
mother2b wrote:

Me, too...that gives us a chronological record of our lives.

I'll third that. Otherwise it gets a bit confusing when trying to remember what happened when. Although I should be more on top of putting the photos into albums once I develop them. Actually, I should be more on top of going to the photo-developing store... With digital cameras, and the ability to see the pics as soon as they're taken, I'm not that desperate to just get it done. Ach, today's generation...

risa

Post Tue, Nov 17 2009, 8:49 pm
going digital has totally ruined my albums. I used to be so good about getting the pictures developed and putting them in an album immediately. now it's all in the computer. aah, the good old days.

raizyBP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2009, 9:32 pm
I use to do up until now my photos in albums. I sorted them as follows, I did seperate albums for each child,so you see the child from newborn and growing up older and I keep on adding, then there is an album for family pictures, and then there is from me and my husband. I would really like to know what exactly photobooks are and how it works and what the price ranges are.

new-here

Post Tue, Nov 17 2009, 9:52 pm
Photobooks are what you can create online, and develop by that company, and you are mailed a bound album with your photos. Something like scrapbooking but it is a very neat little book and you can design your album as you wish. (best I can do to describe it in laymans terms). I usually do one for every year or special occassion like upsherin.
If any of you are interested www.artscow.com has the BEST offers on photo books, collages or anything like that. Right now they have a photobook special of $5.99 for an 8x8 book with 20 pages. this price includes shipping. I am working on my album right now Smile

SnowPea

Post Tue, Nov 17 2009, 10:12 pm
Do these albums alwayse come out looking nice? My mother in-law made one not at the place that you do it but on kodak gallery and it came out pretty good, except for one or two pictures.
Do you think this arts one does it better?

raizyBP

Post Tue, Nov 17 2009, 11:25 pm
my question now is if these photobooks last, cause the photo albums fall apart alot of times

tovarena

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 8:02 am
I have used a couple of different sites, with the most recent and so far favorite being Picaboo. They're a little more expensive, but they offer a LOT more flexibility than some of the others I've tried. And the finished product is just incredible. Every one I show them to (even people who've done books with other services) is blown away.

In terms of how long they last, I've only been doing these for a couple of years, but they are bound like a regular book - not like a photo album. So my expectation is that they will hold up much better.

new-here

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 12:36 pm
I have used Walmart, Shutterfly & Artscow, of all 3, Artscow had the most clear sharp quality photos. But I usually do it by whoever has a free offer, or very low cost special.

tuttifruttio

Post Wed, Nov 18 2009, 4:29 pm
When I organize my photographs on my computer I do so in order of events. I make seperate folders for each event and my son's pictures in order of age. (ex: Birth-1 months, every month thereafter and then 1 yr+ and each month etc.)
But when I upload them to Shutterfly.com I ask them to print it in order of dates so that when I get them I could put them in albums in sequence of dates.
They are pretty good. Once you order once (or sign up for an account) they send you discounts by e-mail. Those e-mails constantly remind me to order pictures or albums, especially seasonal times. The quality of the pictures USUALLY depend on the quality that you UPLOAD to their website. The first time I ordered from them I was quite disappointed with the low quality photographs! But then they pointed that I should check the settings on my digital camera and it was set on the lowest quality. They ended up giving me 50 free 4x6's anyways!!

JollyMommy

Post Sun, Nov 22 2009, 8:17 pm
kids have their own album until 3, as well as chronological family albums.
every 5 years I do a big digital photobook- about 100 pages, with the best of.

geemum

Post Wed, Dec 16 2009, 6:24 pm
All family photos go in chronological order. I bought about 8 albums of 400 pics each very simple but sturdy.

Havne't yet gone digital, but I want to - on the condition that I develop and put in albums regularly!

Marigold

Post Thu, Dec 17 2009, 11:09 pm
Best and sturdiest albums are made by printfile. They are like black looseleaf binders and you buy sheets in any size you want. They come in 3x5 4x6 5x7 and 8x10. you can always add sheets to each album, looks beautiful, neat and extremely sturdy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics