Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Egg roll wrappers in London?
1  2  Next

pinktichel

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 7:19 am
Any idea where I can find them?

Stepmum

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 8:38 am
Kosher Kingdom used to stock them. They've revamped their shop, and seem to have all the 'interesting' food goods...

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 11:39 am
ever wonder why some things we just want to buy ...

can eggroll wrappers be made from scratch ... that will be my next project ...

good luck finding them ...

girliesmommy

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 2:10 pm
greenfire wrote:

They definitely can be made from scratch and are quite simple if you don't mind rolling out the dough (something I hate doing!) There's a great recipe in the purple cookbook.

cookielady

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 2:29 pm
girliesmommy wrote:
greenfire wrote:

They definitely can be made from scratch and are quite simple if you don't mind rolling out the dough (something I hate doing!) There's a great recipe in the purple cookbook.

I also suspect that Pinktichel is not making 5 or 6 egg rolls. Making large amounts would be a tremendous amount of work.

girliesmommy

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 2:50 pm
cookielady wrote:
girliesmommy wrote:
greenfire wrote:

I also suspect that Pinktichel is not making 5 or 6 egg rolls. Making large amounts would be a tremendous amount of work.

Hmmm.... what makes you think that?!?! Trust me, when I had to make eggrolls for over 150 people last year, I imported wrappers from the US!

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 3:12 pm
heck even I don't make only 5 or 6 eggrolls ...

fine we'll ship them ... just send cookelady the bill Wink

pinktichel

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 3:18 pm
girliesmommy wrote:
cookielady wrote:
girliesmommy wrote:
greenfire wrote:

Hmmm.... what makes you think that?!?! Trust me, when I had to make eggrolls for over 150 people last year, I imported wrappers from the US!

I need at least 120 wrappers. Possibly more. Possibly less. Who ever knows? Twisted Evil Green, you can come on over and make them for me!! LOL
Called KK but they were closed already.... will try again tomorrow. Tried Kosher Paradise.. no luck.

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 3:46 pm
wait - disclaimer - I've never made them yet ... do you still want my help Twisted Evil we can always bring out a bottle of greenapple Nervous

Raisin

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 5:16 pm
I've had eggrolls in resturants there. And you can buy ready made eggrolls in the freezer section in most supermarkets.

Kosher kingdom is your best bet.

pinktichel

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 5:18 pm
I'm not making eggrolls.

Green, I don't think greenapple goes with Indian food.

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 6:34 pm
no no .. that's just while we're cooking Mr. Green

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 6:48 pm
mint julep made with some bourbon Drunken Smile goes with indian cuisine ...

smilethere

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 6:23 am
I've seen filo pastry from Snowcrest - that mentions on the packaging that it can be deep fried for use as egg roll wrappers. Your food ideas sound yum!

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 7:42 am
My best bet is Kosher Kingdom, frozen section. Egg roll pastry, wonton pastry and spring roll pastry should be interchangeable. You'll probably find duck pancake also frozen, it MAY work but slightly thicker.

As for filo pastry, I prefer to use Theo's which is so so much easier to handle than Snowcrest's. Though don't use filo leaves if you're deep-frying. It will come out VERY greasy as leaves are much thinner.

I'm curious... what are you making?

pinktichel

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 9:16 am
Mrs Bissli wrote:
My best bet is Kosher Kingdom, frozen section. Egg roll pastry, wonton pastry and spring roll pastry should be interchangeable. You'll probably find duck pancake also frozen, it MAY work but slightly thicker.

As for filo pastry, I prefer to use Theo's which is so so much easier to handle than Snowcrest's. Though don't use filo leaves if you're deep-frying. It will come out VERY greasy as leaves are much thinner.

I'm curious... what are you making?

Thanks! KK is calling me back in a few minutes. I hope they have enough. I'm trying to make Samosas.

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 9:25 am
I also saw N&H's frozen spring roll pastry on Justkosher website. You may want to call them to see if they have one.

BTW, you know there are several places where you can order pre-made samosas, either fried or before fried?

pinktichel

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 9:33 am
Mrs Bissli wrote:
I also saw N&H's frozen spring roll pastry on Justkosher website. You may want to call them to see if they have one.

BTW, you know there are several places where you can order pre-made samosas, either fried or before fried?

No luck from KK. Crying Just called Beit HaMadras to get pricing on breads and asked about samosas as well. Can you tell me where else I can get from? Pre made sounds right up my alley at this point!! I really don't fancy making 100 of them!

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 9:48 am
Moses Tandoor, 8203.5012 check their website. You need to ask specifically if you want them unfried (so you can fry them yourself right before serving). It's not on the menu but they have really nice corriander chutney.

greenfire

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 10:30 am
pinktichel wrote:

KK is calling me back in a few minutes.

whatever you do ... do NOT answer the call ... they sound dangerous !!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics