Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Help me find cheap airfare to Israel

ValleyMom

Post Sat, Oct 24 2009, 8:10 pm
My friends want to travel end of January through early February. How do we get cheap hotel and airfare??!!

greenfire

Post Sat, Oct 24 2009, 8:25 pm
can you hitchhike Thumbs Up

Marion

Post Sat, Oct 24 2009, 8:50 pm
Check out hotel Imamother...there are lots of us who can put up a couple of ladies for a night or two. Although the amenities might not be quite what you're looking for.

End of Jan/beginning of Feb is one of the quietest (read: cheapest) times to fly.

Raisin

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 2:17 am
if you can get a cheap flight to london easyjet has cheap flights to isreal.

mominisrael2

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 10:29 am
Keep an eye on airfarewatchdog.com -- yesterday I saw airfares between New York and Tel Aviv for under $700 good through March...you can just keep track of the routes you're interested in and get daily updates.

be good

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 11:19 am
try flycheapabroad.com

cindy324

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 6:19 pm
EL AL is advertising now that flying between Dec and March it's $699 including all taxes and fees. That's a great deal, if u ask me!

muffinsmommy

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 1:14 am
Do you have a link or something to El Al's advertisement, because I just went to their website and tickets aren't showing up at that price...

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 5:01 am
Another vote for Easyjet. The only tricky bit is it leaves from Luton so you'll need to make a connection if arriving to Haathrow or Gatwick.

Also check if you can get better fare by making one connection in Europe. I've found very decent fare between Europe and Tel Aviv via Swiss, Austria or KLM.

At that time of the year, you can also fly out of Europe motzei shabbat.

Just note the second week of Feb tends to be school holiday for many europeans, so a peak travel season.

anonymom

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 5:47 pm
mominisrael2 wrote:
Keep an eye on airfarewatchdog.com -- yesterday I saw airfares between New York and Tel Aviv for under $700 good through March...you can just keep track of the routes you're interested in and get daily updates.

I tried this website and they would not let me enter TLV, Tel Aviv, or Israel in the space for city or airport. What am I missing? TIA.

anonymom

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 5:51 pm
be good wrote:
try flycheapabroad.com

I tried this and it only let me fly roundtrip from USA to Israel. Not Israel to USA. Again, what am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help.

I want to buy someone a ticket from Israel to USA for Pesach. Do I need to buy the ticket in Israel?

theotherone

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 6:10 pm
re: El Al for $699 I just asked my travel agent about that today and he said that it is very misleading--the rate does NOT include taxes of about $300-400.

anonymom

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 6:44 pm
Yes, I already learned that.

Also, you need to convert GPB to dollars. So 6 something is really like 11 something.

gingerbread

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 7:52 pm
try kayak.com they have all price ranges and some are real cheap.

mominisrael2

Post Tue, Oct 27 2009, 8:20 am
anonymom wrote:
mominisrael2 wrote:

I tried this website and they would not let me enter TLV, Tel Aviv, or Israel in the space for city or airport. What am I missing? TIA.

I was going to say try the "international airfare" tab, but apparently they don't get specials very often to Tel Aviv! Sad I second the recommendation to sign up for alerts via Kayak -- I've gotten excellent deals through them and my parents just got a cheap fare to Israel on USAir -- they just started flying to Israel via Philadelphia, I think? When my family came a few months ago they got a great deal and were happy with them. Also try Orbitz.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics