Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
5 Wheeled High Chair

In the kitchen

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 6:28 pm
My sister in law very kindly offered to buy me a high chair...
the one with 5 wheels...I don't know the company name and can't find a picture of it on google.
I want to hear the pros and cons of it. It seems to be not good, but most heimishe people have them in our neighborhood! It doesn't recline, the tray doesn't go on or off so easily, and the whole thing moves away when you try to take the baby out. I also think that it is not legal here.
What are the pros of it? If there are no pros, how can I tell her that I would prefer one that attaches to a chair or doesn't have wheels without offending her (since she has this type)

sky

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 6:47 pm
In the kitchen wrote:
My sister in law very kindly offered to buy me a high chair...
the one with 5 wheels...I don't know the company name and can't find a picture of it on google.

Is it the prince castle or Urban Castle?
In the kitchen wrote:
I want to hear the pros and cons of it. It seems to be not good, but most heimishe people have them in our neighborhood! It doesn't recline,

I never saw the point of a recline - if the baby can't sit properly without help - they shouldn't be eating. And if you want the recline you can always feed in the infant seat. [/quote]
In the kitchen wrote:

the tray doesn't go on or off so easily,

Have you tried the tray - you do need 2 hands to take it on and off - but I never had any difficulty with it.

In the kitchen wrote:
and the whole thing moves away when you try to take the baby out. I also think that it is not legal here.

It is true that it moves, I just can't imagine that it would be illegal.
In the kitchen wrote:
What are the pros of it? )

When looking into the high chair the biggest pro is that it should be easy to clean. I have one with 5 wheels it is a cinch to clean - it is just one solid piece of plastic. People I know who have ones with all sorts of holes spends hours cleaning it or it smells - imagine a lot of food being ground up and thrown.

I recommend it to everyone, and the people I know recommend it for this reason.

Any padding will have to be washed in all the crevices.

In the kitchen wrote:
If there are no pros, how can I tell her that I would prefer one that attaches to a chair or doesn't have wheels without offending her (since she has this type)

The high chairs that fit on the seats are great - I have one as my second high chair - however, it is a simple one that is also a cinch to clean - I just put it in my sink. It does use up a chair and does not push under my table so it doesn't save me a lot of room.

Mommy F.

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 6:53 pm
this kind??
http://www.consumerinforeport......r.htm

In the kitchen

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 7:02 pm
Thanks for showing me the pros. Good to know.

mommy's daughter

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 8:09 pm
I first had the reclined it was bolky and very v ery had to clean I remember it had like 5 deep not holes but something that was always dusty and dirty and after a year it broke when the warrenty was over so I got this one and I love it I habe it for like 7 years it looks brand new I recomend it to everybody

Rivky

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 8:32 pm
I have the five wheeled one too and I wouldnt get anyother one. I dont find the tray hard to come on or off, when I want to take my baby out I just put my foot on the wheels and it stays put. Its easy to clean, and wheels very smoothly so I can wash my baby at the sink. Im really enjoying it.

In the kitchen

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 8:33 pm
That's great to hear. I am so gald to hear these rave reviews about it. Since I haven't used either kind I couldn't figure out why everyone would want this drab boring one when they could have the fancy shmancy colorful ones with toys attached etc.

sneakermom

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 8:39 pm
It's also small so it doesn't cramp up an apartment. I also love that I could wheel it over to the table and have my baby eat at the table like all of us (without the tray) and it works great like that too. I took off the padding on the bottom so it makes for easier cleaning.

cip

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 10:24 pm
get it! it's best!
I have a hard to clean one Mad

Bebe

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 11:21 pm
We have that one too and we LOVE it! We tried a dif one cuz we wanted the fancy ones that recline and one that could be folded and put away but we hated it. was so big and bulky and hard to clean. so we got this one and never regretted it for a second. its easy to clean and if you have a small kitchen u can just roll it away easily. I roll it all over my house. its great! definitely worth buying!

2busy

Post Sat, Nov 13 2010, 11:12 pm
I am in Lakewood - looking to buy this high chair or a tray to go on it at least
does any1 know about a recall on this or if they still sell it - what are the rates approx for it where u live thanks

csb

Post Sun, Nov 14 2010, 12:04 am
I also have this one and love it. was choosing between prima papa (big bulky, but reclines) and tried my sis in laws prima papa and it was so big, too hard to wheel, impossible to clean, etc. So I bought this one (Mine is called unique baby, got it at Picolinno on Ave M) and was a fraction of the price and so much better. I agree with all the pros that the others said, and mine comes witha brake on two of the wheels so it doenst roll if you dont want it to.

2busy

Post Sun, Nov 14 2010, 7:30 am
csb what company is it so I can look for it thansk

csb

Post Sun, Nov 21 2010, 5:47 pm
[quote="2busy"]csb what company is it so I can look for it thansk[/quote]

sorry, just saw this. As I said before the company is unique baby and I got it in Piccolino (there is one in lakewood.)

2busy

Post Sun, Nov 21 2010, 7:01 pm
thx
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics