Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
ADHD/ODD/explosive child - any discussions on this site?

amother

Post Sun, Oct 25 2009, 9:31 pm
I am trying to learn as much as I can. I think one of my children may have one or all of the above. Are there any discussions on this site? Or are there other sites that are helpful for parents of ADHD/ODD/explosive children?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 1:23 am
new amother here, bump. anyone?

Isramom8

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 1:59 am
There are a few discussions about ADHD. Search for it.
Why don't you ask a specific question and see if you get any replies? This is a sensitive topic and it's hard to know how to respond to a general feeler like yours.

marina

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 2:04 am
There is a book by Dr. Greene, The Explosive Child. Very interesting and may be helpful.

mandksima

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 2:04 am
There have been posts like this, perhaps in the special needs forum?

I have a dd like this and I have found the book The Explosive Child by Ross Greene helpful. You can PM me for info or join the special needs section.

mandksima

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 2:06 am
marina wrote:
There is a book by Dr. Greene, The Explosive Child. Very interesting and may be helpful.

Wow, I wonder if we should tell Dr. Greene we were thinking about him the same exact minute halfway accross the world. Cool.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 4:04 am
different amother here

does the special needs section have more information on adhd children?

What does it suggest when a child is just totally out of control. (to the point where they could easily be hurting other children in the family or destroying objects)

amother

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 4:03 pm
OP here. So I guess my next questions are -- since I currently do not have access to the special needs forum -- does the special needs forum include mothers of ADHD/ODD/explosive children, and can I join if I just think my child has some kind of syndrome or do I have to be officially diagnosed first?

Also, I did try to search for ADHD etc and I came up with nothing. I was sure there would be something. My original post was to ask for help with the search. If anyone can help me by creating a search that actually pulls up results on this topic I'd love to recreate that search.

Isramom8

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 5:16 pm
amother wrote:
different amother here

does the special needs section have more information on adhd children?

What does it suggest when a child is just totally out of control. (to the point where they could easily be hurting other children in the family or destroying objects)

It suggests that the child is active. is he hyperactive? Does he have a behavioral disorder? Only a thorough evaluation with parent's input can give a fuller answer.

Isramom8

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 5:20 pm
amother wrote:
OP here. So I guess my next questions are -- since I currently do not have access to the special needs forum -- does the special needs forum include mothers of ADHD/ODD/explosive children, and can I join if I just think my child has some kind of syndrome or do I have to be officially diagnosed first?

Also, I did try to search for ADHD etc and I came up with nothing. I was sure there would be something. My original post was to ask for help with the search. If anyone can help me by creating a search that actually pulls up results on this topic I'd love to recreate that search.

In the upper lefthand corner of the homepage of this site, type ADHD into the space under the pink words Quick Search.

To join a group, go to Usergroups at the top of this page below the ads. Click on the one you want to join. You may be asked why you feel you belong. Explain, and hope for the best.

Atali

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 5:28 pm
Try the advanced search

mandksima

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 5:32 pm
amother wrote:

Yes, my kids have what you wrote and I enjoy the support that forum gives although most mothers are dealing with autistic/spectrum issues.

Looking under ODD, I found this
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....t=odd

Looking under adhd, I found tons of threads.

HealthCoach

Post Mon, Oct 26 2009, 10:29 pm
Diet can help, but it's not easy. If you are interested in going that route, I can provide more info.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics