Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Creating a Board Game

amother

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 6:52 pm
I have created a board game which I would call 90% complete. Obviously there is room for improvements, and I really want to leave those up to a company like Hasbro or whoever will market/sell it. I just want to know who I consult to patent everything? A patent lawyer? Also, I understand that the standard proceed is bringing in a cheaply produced game so that they - EX Hasbro - will improve on the design. Does anyone have any experience in this? Thanks in advance

bluebird

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 8:40 pm
You definitely want a patent lawyer; too much risk otherwise.

Not exactly what you asked, but check out kickstarter.com. A lot of games have been funded and done pretty well through there. At least consider it if Hasbro doesn't pick it up.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 9:26 pm
bluebird wrote:
You definitely want a patent lawyer; too much risk otherwise.

Not exactly what you asked, but check out kickstarter.com. A lot of games have been funded and done pretty well through there. At least consider it if Hasbro doesn't pick it up.

Thank you so much!

amother

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 10:46 pm
I'm not sure a patent is what you need. Maybe a copyright is more appropriate. Look into intellectual property lawyers, not necessarily patent lawyers.

- the wife of a patent lawyer
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics